View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Frenchie501 - Worcester Congress - Round 2 [11:39] 
Video Manager

Post Frenchie501 - Worcester Congress - Round 2 [11:39]
Poster: Frenchie501
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400) | Videos Made: 70
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 5.00 (1)

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm
Wants a custom title

Rating: 1694
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Frenchie501 - Worcester Congress - Round 2 [11:39]
Good video and explanations. I think the key move to think about in this game from white's side is e5. It compromises the center and was the root of all white's problems, you'll notice immediately after e5 blacks position solidifies and white goes on the defense. It is always a bad sign when you are overprotecting a weakness in your position instead of a strength in your position. Tough luck, hope you did well in round 3.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:35 am
King

Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
Post Re: Frenchie501 - Worcester Congress - Round 2 [11:39]
I looked at the game again with more analysis. e5 is a good move, but what I shouldve played was Qe4 getting to Blacks weaker kingside at some point. Black cannot really castle but the king isnt great in the centre either.

e5 is a nice spearhead for attack later so I don't think it is too bad to play, on reflection.

This game was a very instructive one for me because it highlighted some key problems for me:-

1) I have a tendency to outplay myself - 7. a4 was unneccesary despite my thinking. Yes its prophylactic, but black isnt commited to playing a6 which was the problem. There are points in other games where Im creative for the sake of it, where a simple move is often best. Something I am trying to work on.

2) My timing of moves was a little off

In the end, my opponent played better as I played worse. He played a good game after an opening disaster (which i never really saw as such during the game)

Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]