View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
few interesting puzzles requires promotion 
King

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post few interesting puzzles requires promotion
question #1: What is the fastest way to get the most amount of pieces? not pawns.
question #2: What is the fastest way to get the most amount of queens on the board?
question #3: What is the fastest way to get all the pawns promoted, note: it is all the pawns?
question #4: What is the fastest way to get the most amount of rooks, knights or bishops?

Be free to post ideas and solutions you have, this is just for fun. :)
Try not to say "The quickest way is..." there might be a better way :)
If you find one solution that is quicker than the previous record, be free to post it :)
The best will be telling us ideas and the solution you have, then we might could do better :)

Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:21 pm
King

Post Re: few interesting puzzles requires promotion
looks like no one is trying to do these puzzles...
i guess this might help a little bit, try to promote into pieces that will not limit the king's movement for question number 1
try to let the king away from the queens (not to many wives, they will fight for the king, but looks like we have to have 18 wives on the board :)) for question number 2
for question number three, so we have to sac pieces to promote all 16 pawns, beware of limiting the king's movement, same as question 1
for question number 4, i have no idea...

hope you will post some ideas as well, and if you don't like this, just don't read this, try something else.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 am
Knight

Rating: 1780
I couldn't understand the questions. Can you clarify?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:38 pm
King

Rating: 1230
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
I guess everyone is too busy playing chess to answer. :lol:

Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 am
Pawn

Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Did you ever end up finding a good answer for question number 4 regarding the fastest way to get the most amount of rooks, bishops, and kinghts? I would like to know :) Thanks!
thechesser wrote:
question #1: What is the fastest way to get the most amount of pieces? not pawns.
question #2: What is the fastest way to get the most amount of queens on the board?
question #3: What is the fastest way to get all the pawns promoted, note: it is all the pawns?
question #4: What is the fastest way to get the most amount of rooks, knights or bishops?
Las Vegas Hotel Promo Codes
Be free to post ideas and solutions you have, this is just for fun. :)
Try not to say "The quickest way is..." there might be a better way :)
If you find one solution that is quicker than the previous record, be free to post it :)
The best will be telling us ideas and the solution you have, then we might could do better :)

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:46 pm
King

@evenjones246
I did indeed look at many possibilities for question #4, what i meant was "What is the fastest way to get the most amount of rooks, What is the fastest way to get the most amount of knights, and What is fastest way to get the most amount of bishops". They were meant to be three different questions, I think i probably got lazy in the process of typing that :)
If, i was asking "What is the fastest way to get the most amount of rooks, knights, AND bishops". The question's answer is quite complicated, due to the fact that both sides have to sac their queen to let more pawns to be able to be (under)promoted. All of that is because that queens do not count in this question.

Never thought anyone would go back on this post to read it, looks like i was wrong.

Oh, almost forgot to answer your question, it was a while back, i can't exactly remember, regarding question #4. The plan is: sac all other pieces to help the most amount of pawns promote, but there is also a problem with that: when and where to sac the pieces, which really annoyed me a lot at the time. I hope someone would come up with a good plan :D. Got to go now, I will talk more about this once I get back from school! Weeeeeee!!!! School Time!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]