View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
curtains - USCL Week 3 - BOS v DAL, SF vs MIA [17:18] 
Video Manager

Post curtains - USCL Week 3 - BOS v DAL, SF vs MIA [17:18]
Poster: curtains
Name: International Master Gregory Shahade
Federation: USA
Videos Made: 2140
FIDE Rating: 2463
World Rank: 1285
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 5.00 (12)

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:24 pm
King

Rating: 1601
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: curtains - USCL Week 3 - BOS v DAL, SF vs MIA [17:18]
another great video. It's a shame friedel couldn't pull out the win

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 pm
Pawn

Rating: 2259
Rating Class: National Master
I am sorry Greg, are we talking about the same game, Zorigt was completely lost, her attack was beaten back before time pressure caused black to err.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating Class: International Master
I'm confused? Zorigt seemed to have a pretty good position the whole time to me....I have no reason why she'd have been lost, she was never down any material and always seemed to have the initiative. Maybe there was some moment where black was ok but I'd be surprised if white was ever lost.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am
Profile ICQ
King

The Friedel game was very nice..and as always you presented the games with passion and brilliancy..=)

thank you

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:24 am
Pawn

Ok maybe fritz doesnt say she was lost, but practically speaking her position became positionally veryy tough once her attack stalled on the kingside and she had given up dark squared bishop and the all the dark squares with it, has I played Bf6 instead of Bc3? which I knew was bad, followed by a4-a5, White is definitely struggling without finding precise computer-like moves,, so I shouldnt say she was lost-- she was much worse. I know this is very superficial and I just dont have the stomach to analyze this disgusting blunderfest, but you can do better than just show a mate in one.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:37 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mongoose wrote:
Ok maybe fritz doesnt say she was lost, but practically speaking her position became positionally veryy tough once her attack stalled on the kingside and she had given up dark squared bishop and the all the dark squares with it, has I played Bf6 instead of Bc3? which I knew was bad, followed by a4-a5, White is definitely struggling without finding precise computer-like moves,, so I shouldnt say she was lost-- she was much worse. I know this is very superficial and I just dont have the stomach to analyze this disgusting blunderfest, but you can do better than just show a mate in one.

Oh didn't realize it was you Ilya. Sorry, I try to make sure I can do these videos as quickly as possible, and because there is so many games sometimes I will ignore a lot of crucial moments in a game.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:44 am
Profile ICQ
King

Rating Class: Grandmaster
nice video,it would have been nicer to have seen the final position of Seymour Hesbun `s drawn game where his opponent had a chance to go for a possible advantage & comments would not have been necessary just a final visual shot of the board before they called it a day.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:06 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

minkrat wrote:
nice video,it would have been nicer to have seen the final position of Seymour Hesbun `s drawn game where his opponent had a chance to go for a possible advantage & comments would not have been necessary just a final visual shot of the board before they called it a day.

Understood. I will try to be a bit less lazy, but with 7 matches every week and limited time I try to force myself to skimp on some of the details, because otherwise I know it would take hours :)

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:23 am
Profile ICQ
King

Rating Class: Grandmaster
you`re not the lazy one here Curtains!! , i just get very curious and very annoyed when a player gets to possibly score a once in a life time win against a high calibre super winner like Seymour and decides not to go for it.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am
Pawn

I believe the reason Kuljasevic chose perpetual is because he knew the team's victory was assured if he got a draw, which is the correct choice in my opinion.

I think you're dreaming if you believe white was ever worse during the Zorigt-Krasik game, but you may be biased. :) Black made 10 queen moves and practically every one of them was unnecessary, for each poor move white made in conducting the attack it seemed black had an equally poor move in defense. I am not saying it was impossible for black to have gained an advantage at several points - white definitely opened the door - but he failed to do so in my opinion. For reference, full game is here: http://www.uschessleague.com/games/zorigtkrasik08.htm

Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 pm
Pawn

I think you are a fritz-addicted monkey and have no understanding in chess, I know its harsh but thats my biased opinion like you said.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:25 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 2330
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Surely there are classier ways to make your point?!!

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
King

Rating: 2202
Another wonderfull recap. You're doing a great job with making everyone interested in the league. Who knows, if it's not too late/early European time, I might get online and watch it live. The USCL getting international fanbase, all your doing Curtains!

IMO it's a bit rich to call anyone a 'fritz-addicted monkey' if they base their entire argumentation on a move they couldn't find for themselves OTB (...Bf6) :P. But I feel the same about black's position. Around move 30-ish black just has to be better and white is really struggling to keep the long diagonal in check. But objectively winning? Don't think so. People are entitled to have their own oppinions and I don't think there was any real need to attack Greg's oppinion in his recap-commentary. It might have been fairer to show how black entered unnecessary complications with Bxe4, but whatever... like that's an awe-inspiring moment in chesshistory.

Dutch elo: 2202
FIDE: 2233

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:00 pm
Pawn

Mongoose wrote:
I think you are a fritz-addicted monkey and have no understanding in chess, I know its harsh but thats my biased opinion like you said.

It doesn't take a monkey to see that your play on the queenside was nonexistent and your "defense" was even less so. Think what you will, I was not the only one observing and commenting on that game. Who knows what might have happened if you'd seen the correct move, even once.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next