View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Calm - L0: WB vs Fuzion [19:23] 
Pawn

Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Post Re: Calm - L0: WB vs Fuzion [19:23]
Terrific video, please do make more live 5 min commentaries. Your in-game instant replays are a nice touch and your level of calm is very impressive.

If you are offering to do openings on request, I'd be interested in your comments about systems involving a c-pawn debut followed by an early K-side fianchetto. Curtains plays that sort of thing with Black but often zips through the early moves so fast I don't get much sense of what is going on.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:20 pm
Wants a custom title

Rating: 1611
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Calm

As far as choosing openings, the ones that strike me as being up your alley, are like King's Indian Attack, maybe like the 4-pawns variation, Catalan, and Scotch.

Just thought I'd say.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:47 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: No rating
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Now that is has been mentioned, I would also be very interested to watch a KIA.

Image courtesy of Bradu of the UG!

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 pm
Rook

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Coigach wrote:
Terrific video, please do make more live 5 min commentaries. Your in-game instant replays are a nice touch and your level of calm is very impressive.

If you are offering to do openings on request, I'd be interested in your comments about systems involving a c-pawn debut followed by an early K-side fianchetto. Curtains plays that sort of thing with Black but often zips through the early moves so fast I don't get much sense of what is going on.

Thanks,

I would just have to say that if you are interested in looking at some 5 min blitz games for the english opening I think basically all of curtains first 100 or some commentaries as white he plays 1 c4. (You are right in that nowadays you only really see him play it as black though.) Now, I could do it as well, but his knowledge of the opening and his overall play are just so much better than mine that really I would just say go watch those. You can find an index for his games here: http://www.chessvideos.tv/wiki/index.ph ... mmentaries

With regards to Jwhis and TheEnterprise saying KIA, I think BkillDahl (maybe wrong spelling), plays that in alot of his white games hes made vids of also. There I definitely think I can maybe contribute something though so will try that out, I will also probably make the next white commentary a 1b3 one since someone asked.

Because of the feedback I've got I was actually planning on getting my first commentary for this up tonight and I actually played and recorded a few games but they were just so so bad. I left my Q en prise twice over 4 games and then completely forgot about time v some IM in a winning position and hence lost despite being 2 Rs up. Just really bad.

As such, when I do start putting them up I will put all the games up from then on, just as a note to myself that I really need to be in the mood to play first as when my brain isnt in it you will really be able to tell and they are not worth watching when thats the case. Based on those games though you will definitely get to see me lose alot which the more *sadistic of you may get some enjoyment out of.

Donations: My Paypal is Andymlewis@msn.com

Last edited by Calm on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Narcissistic or sadistic?

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

That is a great idea Calm!! I was thinking how it would be cool if you could do some 5 min live blitz commentaries. Curtains n Zibbit been a bit quiet lately so go mad bro!!

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:45 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1400
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Please make videos! The fact that you aren't as strong as as those other guys makes you more accessible to the rest of us. Plus you got the gift of explanation, a rarity in the chess world.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
They're right, do more videos- your explanations are crystal clear. Curtains and Zibbit go too fast for me sometimes- you have a relaxed pace that's easy to deal with. Thanks.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2