View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
immortalgamer - Flawed Sacrifice turns out great [8:59] 
Video Manager

Post immortalgamer - Flawed Sacrifice turns out great [8:59]
Poster: immortalgamer
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000) | Videos Made: 17
Login or register to rate this video...
Not Rated Yet!

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:12 pm
Pawn

Nice game. I like what you said at the end about the Kasparov's sacrefices!

Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm
Profile ICQ
Pawn

Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
Post Re: immortalgamer - Flawed Sacrifice turns out great [8:59]
I also like the final quote. I am a novice...no complaints from me; I found it informative. Thanks :)

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 pm
Pawn

Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Post Re: immortalgamer - Flawed Sacrifice turns out great [8:59]
OOo, very interesting sac. I love these moves!

5:10. In the RxRe8 first line, you don't win the rock because after Nxd4, white should play Bxh7+! This intermediate check would allow White to keep the extra piece, but you get two pawns and the bishop pair and the white king is exposed so maybe you are ok or even better still! Ok, the computer probably won't agree with me, but whatever. Practically, I think you're good.

6:12. If he played the pawn block, g3. QxNd4 is a bit unclear. After Kg2, you don't have any good checks (Qd5+, Kf2 is repetition). You might need to trade rooks because of your weak back rank. It would be nice if you could take on a1 after but again your weak back rank (his queen is now on e1 after recapture) will force you to play Ne5 or Bc6 first. I think Black's very exposed but I can't see a win and you're still down a piece so maybe it's more equal?

A better try, I think, after White's g3 (blunder??) is Qxh2+! forcing mate because your wonderful rook is cutting off his escape. Either Kf1, Bh3# or Kf3, NxNd4+, Kf4, Qh6#. That would be a pretty awesome ending. He's threatening to take your rook and give mate but you can mate him first. :)

I agree with what you're saying about the value of even not completely sound sacs. I'm still too sacrifice shy though I had a great win the other day via a double knight sac! In this case though, I think your sacrifice might be more reasonable than you believed.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]