View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
ClausJensen - Chess Tactics Server Session [9:32] 
Video Manager

Post ClausJensen - Chess Tactics Server Session [9:32]
Poster: ClausJensen
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200) | Videos Made: 64
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 3.67 (3)

Video Tags: blog CTS tactics

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:48 pm
Pawn

Post Re: ClausJensen - Chess Tactics Server Session [9:32]
Good morning

It was given to me recently by IM Dennis Monokroussssos some advice as to get better in my game namely tactics. He suggested I bought Polgar's 5334 etc... I am currently waiting for a used copy as its not avaible new in hard copy. Until then I tried this server. My opinion is that it is a very good tool, yes to practice but the rating system does not seem to be accurate not in numbers but in fairness. When you are making a move for a mate in 3 and because you the right move was to take the rook and loose your queen and sorry"bad luck" you loose rating. Another time I completed the move exactly the way the computer showed me after the solution and yet I got a sorry bad luck. I had the right solution!.Well I know I'm not good, I want to learn. If you move the move it suggests, you will probably at the end ( 20 moves later) win that game but is the tool for short term or long term.THAT I don't know and THAT IS IMPORTANT!.
Let's face it we should be glad and very lucky to have such a tool at our disposition and I will continue using the Chess tactic Server as welll as any other tool to improve my game. As to the rating system, well I guess the best are good, probably very good (yes probably the best, definetltly better than I...lol) but you may also be a little lucky.

MC

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:11 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]