View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
KingsBlade - Simple Beginners Tactics 2 [18:11] 
Video Manager

Post KingsBlade - Simple Beginners Tactics 2 [18:11]
Poster: KingsBlade
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400) | Videos Made: 189
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 4.00 (1)

Video Tags: tactical practice Tactical puzzles video

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Sun May 30, 2010 4:24 pm
Pawn

Rating: 2217
Rating Class: National Master
Post Re: KingsBlade - Simple Beginners Tactics 2 [18:11]
Hey KB, I thought u did a great job presenting your puzzles that you've worked hard on making for us. Just came across an interesting improvement in your second puzzle at 3:53 where you did Bxa8, Rxa8. After this you can do Rxb5! axb5 and Rxa8+! anyway thanks for the commentary, keep those vids coming!

Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 pm
Knight

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
In the last position, there was a checkmate. 8)

Sun May 30, 2010 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
chrispace wrote:
Hey KB, I thought u did a great job presenting your puzzles that you've worked hard on making for us. Just came across an interesting improvement in your second puzzle at 3:53 where you did Bxa8, Rxa8. After this you can do Rxb5! axb5 and Rxa8+! anyway thanks for the commentary, keep those vids coming!

Hi Chris,

Yes, that's another good one due to the pinned pawn (I love the mighty pin)! I didn't want to show the outcome of that game. I was completely humiliated! :lol:

Actually, I didn't put much time into this video as you might think. I have all my computer games autosaved into Fritz databases so that I can recall them very quickly and I just roll my mouse wheel through the game til I find the killer move (no analysis, no blunders, just looking for winning tactics). So then I create a new database named Simple Tactics 2 and highlight the King (on the correct color) right before the tactic, then save the game into that new database. I might have spent an hour and a half on the whole video including uploading (well worth the time in my book).

I find this kind of studying much more fun and productive. I just don't have the time nor the desire to study chess books anymore (at least right now). I just like to play blitz! I find it exciting and less painful. I will not likely improve my playing abilities because I am not willing to invest the time and energy it takes to keep climbing. I will just have to clunk along playing patzer chess and that is fine with me. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be an expert, but I am not willing to do the work right now- like the song says: "I don't want to work, I just want to bang on these drums all day"! hahahahahaha

Thanks for stopping by. I am playing on chess.com if you want a game! :D

Thanks for watching and commenting my friend! :D

Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
kraska wrote:
In the last position, there was a checkmate. 8)

Thanks for watching and your imput kraska,

Yes, I see that! I am wondering if Gentlewhisper remembers this game. I remember the tactic very well since he pulled it on me, but I can't recall if we did a post mortem or analysis on this game. I am sure it was probably a blitz game, like most of my games are. I tend to play blitz even in a chess.com correspondence game....lol, I hate to think for very long, that why I am still a patzer, not to mention chess redneck.... yeehaw.... lol!

GW, if you read this, did you know you had a mate in the last game on this video? I think we already talked about this mate, but "I can't remember" (man, I have been saying that too much lately, I am getting old fast since I turned 50)!

I love that kind of mate, it's like a "Morphy Mate" using the bishop and rook....hehehehehe!

Good One! 8)

Mon May 31, 2010 6:57 am
Pawn

Rating: 2217
Rating Class: National Master
no problem, KB Its great watching your games and they are very enjoyable. Yeah for sure I hear ya, it takes way too much brain power and time invested to improve sbstantially. Nice song quote btw :D I've been wanting to make over 2200 quickly but everything else just stops me from achieving this. Btw, for sure we can have a chess.com game. Been playing redhotpawn.com recently actually.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]