View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Zibbit - LB109: 3 3-minute games <1> [34:55] 
Video Manager

Post Zibbit - LB109: 3 3-minute games <1> [34:55]

This video costs 1 credit to view

Purchasing this video gives you the right to unlimited viewing of this Video on ChessVideos.TV in addition to the ability to download this video in iPod video format for personal viewing. By purchasing this video you agree to the Terms Of Service.

Please Register So You Can Purchase This Video

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:48 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 2014U
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit - LB109: 3 3-minute games <1> [34:55]
I am far from an authority on Czech-Benoni set-ups with Black but I had a student a few months back that always went for the set-up of ...h6, f-N moves and ...Bg5 to trade off the dark squared bishop. It worked well for him, he plays this otb and is now 1950-2050 playing strength and I'm sure he'll move up if he can get to play more. Andrew Martin did a Chessbase video of the Czech Benoni w/...Bg5 ideas, it makes a lot of sense.

I am sure you are aware of this, so I have to ask, is there a line White plays that makes this ...Bg5 bad?

Good job to JeremyLin, he really is moving up in the ranks. 2148 after how many games?

Really loved G2, real cut and thrust stuff going on there. Not surprised you missed h4 towards the end with so little time left, but by then he was on the run himself.

G3 was pretty cool as well. Funny how the computer wanted to play ...g5 instead of ...g6. I find they like to do that a lot these days. If there is something to be gained they are not afraid to allow the weaknesses it brings with it.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 2330
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Re: Zibbit - LB109: 3 3-minute games <1> [34:55]
sfarmer29 wrote:
I am far from an authority on Czech-Benoni set-ups with Black but I had a student a few months back that always went for the set-up of ...h6, f-N moves and ...Bg5 to trade off the dark squared bishop. It worked well for him, he plays this otb and is now 1950-2050 playing strength and I'm sure he'll move up if he can get to play more. Andrew Martin did a Chessbase video of the Czech Benoni w/...Bg5 ideas, it makes a lot of sense.

I am sure you are aware of this, so I have to ask, is there a line White plays that makes this ...Bg5 bad?

Good job to JeremyLin, he really is moving up in the ranks. 2148 after how many games?

Really loved G2, real cut and thrust stuff going on there. Not surprised you missed h4 towards the end with so little time left, but by then he was on the run himself.

G3 was pretty cool as well. Funny how the computer wanted to play ...g5 instead of ...g6. I find they like to do that a lot these days. If there is something to be gained they are not afraid to allow the weaknesses it brings with it.

Yeah It's true exchanging the dark-squared bishop is one of the stock ideas in this line. I am more fascinated with the h5-h4 idea at the moment. I have the Martin DVD, have watched it some. I think the Czech Benoni might be slightly underrated. My last 3 otb games I beat 2470 IM, drew 2400+ IM and beat a 2100 so definately something I will keep in my arsenal.

Regarding Jeremylin account, this is 3-minute pool where I more or less playing normally so 2100ish is about normal. I am still moving up the ranks in the 5-minute pool and will call those videos by that name.

Stuff I missed was mostly anti-positional moves like the ...g5 you mention. Computers don't miss this but it's food for thought in otb for me at least.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]