View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Premium Membership Announcement 
Founder
Founder

Rating: 2073 USCF
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Premium Membership Announcement
Over the past year, our site has moved to a credit system with pay-per view videos. This system has co-existed with our premium membership option, which in addition to allowing users to go ad-free, has given them access to our archive of premium videos. We've decided that managing both systems is difficult on our end and confusing for our members. As a result, we're going to suspend the premium membership program as of September 1. On that day, subscriptions will no longer be able to be renewed. If you have an existing premium subscription, you will still receive the benefits of ad-free browsing and the video archive until that subscription runs out. You will not lose any benefits. When your time is up, however, your subscription will simply end without an option to renew.

On September 1, we will be enabling video skipping for all members. Though we don't yet have a credit option to go ad-free, it is something we are strongly considering.

If you have any questions or comments, post here!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Premium Membership Announcement
Does this mean that archived videos will only be available via credits?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Founder
Founder

kamus wrote:
Does this mean that archived videos will only be available via credits?

If you mean the Dennis videos, for now yes. We're working on a credit-based solution to that though! The idea of this move is to unify everything into the credits system. Makes management much easier for us.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:12 am
Profile ICQ
Pawn

I for one certainly feel let down by this.

Having been a premium member for some time, I have never taken advantage of my full download allowance, as I've always assumed the archive videos will be available.

If I had know that months down the line you would say thanks very much but now you need to pay credits to watch the videos, I'd of actually used all my download allowance each month.

It really is a very poor showing on your part if you expect me to now pay for each individual video. I know the premium membership wasn't expensive, but now I feel rather taken advantage of.

If I now have to pay for each individual archived video then I'm afraid you will have lost an avid viewer.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 pm
Founder
Founder

GeorgeHollands wrote:
If I now have to pay for each individual archived video then I'm afraid you will have lost an avid viewer.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but we've tried to address your concerns. We've announced this roughly a month in advance to give people plenty of time to adjust. Furthermore, if you have a current membership its benefits wont expire until the membership itself expires. We're slowly phasing it out, and what ends on September 15 is mainly the ability to renew. If you're a premium member you'll still have those benefits until they expire, and this should allow a very large amount of time for people to do exactly what you're worried you're not able to do.

EDIT: we've announced this well over a month in advance actually.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:26 am
Profile ICQ
King

Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
How much is/was a premium membership? How much are/will the videos be? tia

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:59 pm
King

Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Can I keep my name in blue? I kind of like it!

I kind of use premium as a way of giving to the site- I will rarely (if ever) use credits. I will continue to use, contribute to and enjoy the site.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Founder
Founder

Sarciness wrote:
Can I keep my name in blue? I kind of like it!

I kind of use premium as a way of giving to the site- I will rarely (if ever) use credits. I will continue to use, contribute to and enjoy the site.

I'll investigate the blue-name situation! Thanks for your support. This site is entirely a labor of love, so it means a lot to us.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:10 pm
Profile ICQ
Knight

Rating: 1400
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
At the end of the day this is your site and I fully understand why you're making this change and respect that it's completely your choice to do this. I do think that for the whole thing to be truly viable (if you're planning on charging for the Masters archived videos) then you should definitely considering bundling them in some way. There should be a more effective way of getting access to them than for example, buying each one individually. A one-time payment (in credits or otherwise) that gives you access to all videos in that section, for example.

Oh, and while I'm making suggestions, even though this is really quite unrelated, there needs to be some easy way of seeing videos that you have bought. Of course, this may exist and I'm just stupid, but it doesn't to my knowledge, and it means that I have no idea where any videos I've bought might be for further viewing (being as I want to make the most out of the money I have spent but can't remember what videos I've bought!)

Anyway, at any rate, thanks for running this fantastic site and long may it continue.

EDIT: And I like my name blue!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:41 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 2014U
Cream147 wrote:
Oh, and while I'm making suggestions, even though this is really quite unrelated, there needs to be some easy way of seeing videos that you have bought. Of course, this may exist and I'm just stupid, but it doesn't to my knowledge, and it means that I have no idea where any videos I've bought might be for further viewing (being as I want to make the most out of the money I have spent but can't remember what videos I've bought!)

Anyway, at any rate, thanks for running this fantastic site and long may it continue.

EDIT: And I like my name blue!

I don't think there is a way to know from the thumbnail if you've viewed a video, but when you click on the thumbnail on a PPV and it doesn't say it costs 'X' credits, then you have already watched it. At least I think this is the case as I've reviewed games I purchased and could not finish in one sitting.

P.S. @ Admin; I'd like my name in brilliant gold letters emblazoned on the side of a llama, preferable a red llama - but I understand if this is just a tad out of being possible. :D

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Would that be Ralph, the Wonder Llama?

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
Founder
Founder

Llama suggestions will be strongly considered.

As far as the bundling, it's a great idea, and something we should be working on!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:13 am
Profile ICQ
King

Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
JoshSpecht wrote:
[ and what ends on September 15 is mainly the ability to renew. If you're a premium member you'll still have those benefits until they expire, and this should allow a very large amount of time for people to do exactly what you're worried you're not able to do.

EDIT: we've announced this well over a month in advance actually.

Ahh! Premium expired and I haven't downloaded the videos I wanted to. Thought I had another 5 days...

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating: dsdsads
I agree with Mr. GeorgeHollands .He provide all information about Premium Membership Announcement.
Thanks

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Cream147 wrote:

I suggest you click "Like" or rate the video when you've seen it then you'll always know. This has the side benefit of letting the producer know that you've viewed it too. Some of us make videos purely for the satisfaction of knowing that someone, anyone, received some value from viewing it.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next