View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Premium Membership Announcement 
King

Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: Premium Membership Announcement
I want my premium membership back :(

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 am
Profile WWW
King

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
kamus wrote:
I suggest you click "Like" or rate the video when you've seen it then you'll always know. This has the side benefit of letting the producer know that you've viewed it too. Some of us make videos purely for the satisfaction of knowing that someone, anyone, received some value from viewing it.

Sad that there is no real solution to this. I have bought 150+ videos. Of course, i can visit a video thread to find out whether i've bought it. But the point is that there's no way to get a list of my purchased videos except to compile one myself.

For the most part I've tried to "Bookmark" each video i purchased. But I've forgotten to do this sometimes.

I think it should be do-able to have the site automagically Bookmark the topic for each purchased video. I'm no computer wiz (like admin), but why couldnt a script do this retroactively?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
For me the most valuable feature of the site has been the Crafty endgame simulatore ("Crafty Endgame Trainer"). This has been unavailable for some weeks now. Are there any plans to bring it back?

Will its use be charged for?

Cheers, David

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:39 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
David- I am just a moderator here so not the "official" word of the site but I'm pretty sure they aren't planning on charging for it now or in the future.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

So this site seems to have died!!

This is my first visit in months since they stopped the premium membership and moved to a credits system and it appears the front page hasn't been updated since October!!

Only 5 new videos posted this year and it seems even Greg Shahade has given up, with his last posting almost 2 months ago.

Dennis seemed to be ahead of the game and jumped ship early.

Well done to the owners/admin of the site for ruining it. You had built an amazing site, with a beautiful community of likeminded people, only for your incompetence and/or greed to ruin it. I know it's your site and ultimately you can do with it whatever you wish, but don't you think failing this badly sucks?

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:24 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

We're still here but in general, you are correct- the site is basically running on fumes with a few hardy souls continuing to post. I will probably update the front page soon- I haven't because I have many demands on my time and since there seems to be so little interest in the site these days. I'm also just an unpaid moderator- the site is not my actual responsibility. Youtube is pretty hard to compete with! That said, I will continue to post here because the people that do stick around are good peeps and good chessplayers. I think you will be seeing an influx of new vids pretty soon- as several people have pledged to post games from the Spassky-Petrosian match.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
I'd like to apologize for replying off-topic, but I do not see any mechanism for creating a new post. How does one create a new post?

Phillip M. Feldman

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:02 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I assume you mean "new topic" as you have just posted your query. To start a new topic, just navigate to the forum head that you are interested in- for instance, if you wanted to post in this forum, you would go to the navigation index at the top of this page (Chess Forum Index » General Chess Forum » General Chess Discussion) and click on "General Chess Discussion". On that page, you would see a "New Topic" link. I hope this helps- looking forward to your contributions.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating: 1400
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Hi Josh

What a surprise! Met and talked to you at Melbourne Chess Club recently.

Are you still in OZ?

Danny :D

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:44 pm
Pawn

Rating: 16343
Edward Browning 'E. B.' McClain was a Democratic member of the Alabama Senate, representing the 19th District from 1995 through 2009. Previously he was a member of the Alabama House of Representatives, from 1987 through 1994. McClain vacated his senate seat on January 21, 2009, after being convicted in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama on 48 counts of theft, money laundering, mail fraud, bribery, conspiracy, and political corruption.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:45 am
Pawn

Rating: 16343
premium membership allows you access to over a dozen special functions that make your use of Chess games more powerful, and more fun. This includes the Opening Explorer, our chess-training tool Guess-the-Move, The Sacrifice Explorer, the ability to download PGN, and much, much more.
A complete list of features of the premium membership can be found the Chess games Premium Membership Tour. More details about the various features can be found on this page, in the sections that follow.
Chess games Premium Memberships cost $US 29.00 per year--that's less than 8 cents per day!

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:46 am
Pawn

Rating: NEW
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Atleast you've got a good description of what's happening. Changes are good tho. Great work, keep it up!

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2