View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
1901 and trying to go up! 
Pawn

Rating: 1890
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post 1901 and trying to go up!
Hi friends! I am a 1901 player. Recently I changed from the french to 1...e5, I also play the Slav. I have been studying opening and solving so e Chess tactics. I was able to jump from 1750 to muy actual ELO. But know I am stuck. What is supposed to study a 1900 player to improve. I know a 1700 has to do tactics and play, But what about me? Thanks a lot!!!

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:20 am
King

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: 1901 and trying to go up!
Very broad question. I think 1900 is not a different species than 1700 or 2100 and the same improvement methods generally apply.
For starters i'd suggest annotating your own games, including losses, and publishing them in some format (for example, blog or video).
The annotation process forces you to identify reasons why you lost or instances where you could have lost. This reveals weak points and leads to more objective thinking. Posting game analysis videos here at this website is a good idea that many have used to jump rating points. Publishing is important because you are more likely to be honest if there is a chance others may see it or comment on it (regardless of whether people comment at all -- although you may get useful comments too).
It can be ego crushing to annotate losses. Openings are the opposite because with meager effort anyone can play the opening like a 2700. I think that's part of why openings are so tempting in an instant-gratification sort of way. Anyway good luck!

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]