View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
It's a pity that this site has died a death 
King

Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
Post It's a pity that this site has died a death
I've just started having desires to try and play chess again if I can handle things better. Before I was trying to juggle drumming, chess and raising a family. So I cut chess out. Big regret as I was getting better (I got to 135 ECF which converts to 1712 ELO).

Anyway that doesn't matter, I came back to look at some of my videos and I can't believe the bollocks that I spoke in some of them. I was so opinionated and had no right to be.

I wish the people of old were still here so I could show how I've matured, and even if my standard isn't the best (lets face it, it won't be if I've been inactive for ages, after not being good to begin with!) at least I'd be more accepting of my failures.

I'm glad my videos are still here to reference, but I have come to metaphorically lay some flowers at CVTV's grave. I guess Youtube has crippled this site.

It was good while it lasted though :)

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am
King

Rating: 1900 uscf
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: It's a pity that this site has died a death
It is really a shame this site had some very excellent daily chess content back in its prime even from amateur players. This site is the reason i was able to achieve the rating of 2000+.

uscf 1900
Fics: 1930

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 pm
King

Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
Frenchie501 wrote:
I've just started having desires to try and play chess again if I can handle things better. Before I was trying to juggle drumming, chess and raising a family. So I cut chess out. Big regret as I was getting better (I got to 135 ECF which converts to 1712 ELO).

Anyway that doesn't matter, I came back to look at some of my videos and I can't believe the bollocks that I spoke in some of them. I was so opinionated and had no right to be.

I wish the people of old were still here so I could show how I've matured, and even if my standard isn't the best (lets face it, it won't be if I've been inactive for ages, after not being good to begin with!) at least I'd be more accepting of my failures.

I'm glad my videos are still here to reference, but I have come to metaphorically lay some flowers at CVTV's grave. I guess Youtube has crippled this site.

It was good while it lasted though :)

I don't see any videos by you. Welcome back anyways :twisted:

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:04 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Well it's not totally dead. There is little in the way of posts but the videos are still here and many are absolutely excellent. I, for one, am still watching and learning. Frenchie, I'm glad you returned, even if briefly- we all learn and mature with age- I'm glad that has been a positive development for you.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]