View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
The Chess Gym - Rackem-Sackum King&Pawns [10:16] 
Video Manager

Post The Chess Gym - Rackem-Sackum King&Pawns [10:16]
Poster: The Chess Gym
Videos Made: 29
Login or register to rate this video...
Not Rated Yet!

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Liked By: cropduster

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:01 pm
Founder
Founder

Rating: 2073 USCF
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)

I really liked your discussion of why people have trouble staying interested in endgames.

This is a classic endgame exercise/position. When I taught chess to 2nd graders, I had a lot of fun playing pawn chess (this position with no kings) with them, and this is a much more complicated and fun version.

I like the trash talking directed at Fritz! It always feels good to stick it to the smug little guy.

The kings are SPARTANS! :)

You must be a great teacher for junior players. I bet your enthusiasm/style really get kids into the game.

Your videos are so much fun to watch because I can feel your enthusiasm for the game. Thanks for the video!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:30 pm
Profile ICQ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1600
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
I love the fact that you make my avatar make sense in a chess way... thank you. :-)

"... the French wages outright warfare over the entire board, calls for stronger nerves, and demands a soul that finds joy whenever the lust for battle is stoked. In other words, Watson is right: it’s a damn good opening!" - Jeremy Silman

Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:46 pm
Knight

Hey Josh! and Robo, great to hear from you guys. Thanks Josh, I work for a company called Kid Chess in the reater Atlanta area. I love kids, chess and teaching. I intially start out with the pawns drill, and then progress to the variant with the Kings. I also do with Knights, Bishops, Rooks, and Queens, all with Kings and Pawns added. It is amazing the new-found appreciation and skill kids aquire with these pieces when these variants isolate them. These endame varients also significantly weaken strong computers and kids who apply the rules of the endgame can knock off the monster computers. Think of the joy and sense of accomplishment when the kids apply priciples and slay the dragon-computers. :) I am honored to be able to impart some of what I know Josh, so thank you my friend!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Pawn

Rating: 1650
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: The Chess Gym - Rackem-Sackum King&Pawns [10:16]
chess gym, you are a genius , this is a smashing video, I have tried this before against my computer but always lose. now I know the strategy it better watch out.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas and get lots of presents.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:01 am
King

Rating: 1800
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: The Chess Gym - Rackem-Sackum King&Pawns [10:16]
"In the endgame, pawn moves spell finality." Nice lively video. Make more!

Mon May 30, 2011 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]