View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
KingsBlade Chess 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
Post Re: KingsBlade Chess
Hello Hiddie!

Great to here from you! Yes, it has been a while since you and I have played and I am glad to hear you say that you think I have improved. Thanks for the encouragement my friend!

Dealing with blunders is a real problem for me. You make some really good points here. I am like Robofriven in that I think I know a lot about chess until I just blunder to make myself look like a total patzer. "Knowing" is one thing, "doing" is another!

Are you still playing on chess.com? I would love to play some games with you when I get back into it... very soon.

Thanks Again for all the tips and it is really great to here from you again!

KB :D

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

*****July 9, 2006*****

I thought I would make an entry.

I am looking forward to the next CVTV tourney, but since I am still not playing chess, I will not be participating. Have I lost my appetite for chess? Lost the infatuation? Or just got a "new squeeze"? Don't rightly know. Maybe I will try to do a live commentary on a game or so, I don't know, my videos seem sort of lame compared to everyone elses, but maybe I can market it from a beginners perspective. We will see :D

Maybe I could do chess video on an opening? It could be interesting to study an opening for a change (instead of just winging it). Maybe this will spark my interest for chess... I don't know? I will think about it for a couple of months...hehe.

Meanwhile, I have actually written and "composed" 4 orginal songs in the last 3 months (along with many covers too). I don't know why I have never tried to write songs before, but I am finding it quite easy. Maybe it's because of the new technology now.

Anyway, three songs are in the theme of "Medieval Fantasy" and one is about "Space". Both subjects I find very fascinating. Anyway, as I mentioned, this has been my "new squeeze" lately and I have attached a couple of links below to my latest song "Cold Wind" (about a Sorceress) and "Nebula" (about a lonely space traveller) for those who might be interested.

I am using "Pro Tools" as my DAW (digital audio workstation). It is quite sophisticated and I am learning how to use it better with each song. I play drums and organs and special effects on my midi keyboard and I lay down other tracks playing guitars and bass. I also do vocals and backups etc. Of course, you are all welcome to check out my Youtube site.

Thanks for checking in!

Cheers! :D

"Cold Wind": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWpUD11 ... re=channel

"Nebula": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViBe3Q1v ... annel_page

For other songs, try my Youtube site "KingsBladeUSA" : http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsBladeUSA

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:28 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

****August 10, 2009****

Things are slow in this economy and so I have been surfing the web more while hanging out at the office (boring). It has been fun watching some of the cvtv tourney games online when I can. It is neat to kibitz about the game with other cvtv members.

I have also tried playing some 10 min blitz games (while at work with phone calls and other distractions) and I am finding I don't have the "drive" to win anymore. I just go through the motions without giving much effort to concentrate on the best move. Just sort of winging it, playing on instinct rather than taking time to concentrate on the best move.

Anyway, my persona life is going through some recent changes (hopefully for the better) and I may start going to my local club again to try to rekindle my "passion" for the game. We will see.

Mealwhile, I have been pumping out some music. It really is a welcome distraction from "reality", as mentioned in my last "Offspring" cover song!

Here are some links of my recent covers for anyone who might be interested:

Stranglehold ************** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjMTzKCZ ... annel_page

Comfortably Numb ********** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzJWZDg ... re=channel

The Kids Arent Alright ******* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNaepEJG ... re=channel

Boulevard of Broken Dreams ** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8eKs445 ... re=channel

Notice the Theme?

Thanks for dropping by! :)

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:10 am
King

Rating: 1700
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Chess should be fun and from your grumbling about it, doesn't seem like its much fun. If its not fun then quit until it becomes funner :lol:

Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:06 am
Profile ICQ
Premium Member
Premium Member

****August 17, 2009****

I have officially started playing chess again after a long attitude adjustment period. I promise to stop my "grumbling" now that I am active again (dicod3r, your statement is true).

Since chess is a recreational hobbie for me, I will do my best to play the best I can, however, I will not have time to dedicate to studying anymore. I will just do the best I can to learn from analyzing games. Doing video self-analysis is fun and effective for me, so, I will see how it goes. I will also try to watch more cvtv videos too (if they aren't too long).

I have posted some recent videos with music attached. I know some of you may not appreciate this, but, as a part-time hobbie, I truly believe that music should be shared, otherwise what good is it? Anyway, I thank those who support it and ask those who don't to please just skip over it and bear with me. Don't worry, I don't plan to do this on all my videos anyway.

Special thanks to all you cvtv members who have "stuck with me" through some tough times with helpful and encouraging words of wisdom and special thanks to Gentlewhisper for his unconditional friendship and sportsmanship^^

I guess you could say that KB is back, I just hope I can "hang with the big dogs"!

Cheers!

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:46 am
King

Rating: 2202
Rating Class: National Master
Wooooo!!! Just play for fun man, no need to study at all! Definately looking forward to seeing some of your games in the near future. How long did you practice to become as good as this on the guitar?

Dutch elo: 2202
FIDE: 2233

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks again RAU-Man!

The short answer is, I have been playing guitar on and off for the last 35 years ... lol!

Here is the long answer.

I started playing guitar at age 15 and played a lot until I was around 22. I am completely and totally self taught with 0 lessons. Anyway, I played in a jazz band in college and we traveled to high schools and did stage gigs. I stopped playing altogether when I got married. Then, after the divorce :), I started playing again when I was around 29 and started a classic rock band, well 2, one was called "Night Wave" and the second was "Back Talk". We played all classic rock covers from Black Sabbath to ZZ Top! Then I guess when I was around 31 I moved out of state and I pretty much stopped playing seriously (again). I would just pick up my acoustic and learn a new song every now and then all the way up til just recently, say in the past year, I got more serious than ever and actually wrote 4 orginal songs: Blue Dragon, Nebula, War Horse, and Cold Wind. You can listen to these on my Youtube site KingsBladeUSA.

So, my music history is very sporatic, but I have mostly been an acoustic guitar player. It is really a lot of fun to play around with the new recording technology. It has really made a big difference since I decided to "get serious" with music again. I have still never taken a single music lesson..LOL!

Thanks Again RAU for stopping by and especially for showing interest in my music. It's a fun hobbie!

KB :D

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:04 am
Wants a custom title

Rating: 1694
Wish I could jam with you KB. I picked up guitar at 11, I'm 29 now, but hardly ever touch the thing. 3 or 4 years ago, I was starting to get real good. I played a bit a couple years ago, started writing some songs, but never got back the technical skill I had before. But i love just kicking out some jj cale style blues jams

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:05 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hey Whis,

Actually we could still jam on GuitarChaos.com. If you join, you have access to a feature called jam session or something like that. I haven't really looked into it yet, but if you gave me a good reason to get involved I most certainly would. You may need some equipement to "hook up" with, but I am sure it wouldn't be much.

I tell you what, I will look into it and see what the deal is, if you are serious, that is. Meanwhile, check out the site, it is free (with registration-trust me, it's well worth it) for most features, but since it is such an awesome site, I joined to help support the cause! Here is the link: http://www.guitarchaos.com/

Of course I am also KingsBlade on that site too. Check it out. It is a lot of fun and you and I can talk music anytime!

This invitation goes to all cvtv musicians (or music lovers)!

KB:D

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:56 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

**** August 22, 2009 ****

I will be 50 years old next week and I am feeling it!

Here is a slideshow video of 50 years of my life with Cover song to go with it:

Slideshow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcAty6oz ... annel_page

Song Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebsLAx2 ... re=channel

I am officially on a "music break" as of now! :)

Thanks Again to all my chess (and music) buddies!

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:50 pm
Wants a custom title

Rating: 1694
Hey KB,

Have you ever tried ninjam? It is pretty fun, but you are kinda forced to jam in loops which can get a bit boring. I have a web page with my scratch (and I mean SCRATCH) demos at www.soundclick.com/jordanwhistler . Maybe if you like any of them, you can elaborate and do your own version LOL

Happy Birthday

JWhis

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:02 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hey JW!

I checked out a lot of your stuff. Man, you have been busy. You have 60 originals?! Wow, that's a lot! How long have you been working on them? I wrote only 4 oringinals and I did them in a 5 month span (along with a bunch of cover recordings too). My head is ready to explode from music and I am going to "try" to take a break, but it's like chess in a way, it's very hard to ignor.

Thanks for sharing your stuff with me. I added your site to my favs so I can go back and listen to more. I think you did a great job with your songs and I was impressed. Thanks for sharing this with me! I find this kind of stuff very inspirational to my own music!

Thanks Dude! :D

Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:43 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: Over 9000
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KINGSBLADE !

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:50 am
Profile ICQ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1702 USCF
Hmmmm... That picture reminds me of an old joke:

Q: Now do porcupines mate?
A: Very carefully.

Happy B-day, KB! :D

Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Too Funny! Thanks Guys!

Wow, 50! Only 50 more to go! :shock:

Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next