View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
ClausJensen - Nice endgame plan [8:07] 
Video Manager

Post ClausJensen - Nice endgame plan [8:07]
Poster: ClausJensen
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200) | Videos Made: 64
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 3.78 (9)

Video Tags: clausjensen.com endgame plan

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Liked By: spilkler

Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:27 am
King

Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
Post Re: ClausJensen - Nice endgame plan [8:07]
Very nice endgame plan indeed :) At the start it took me a while to see the Rb4-a4 and Ke3-d2-...-b6 plan but indeed it's good and simple.

At around 5:30, maybe white would be pushing it, but could white play Ka7 there?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 am
King

Rating: 1601
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
wow thats a nice plan. You would have to put a lot of thought into the position to come up with a plan like that. Unfortunately ur sound is very low. I had to turn up my speakers all the way up to hear u. Good video none the less

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 am
Founder
Founder

Rating: 2073 USCF
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Great vid!

Not sure if I missed it at the beginning, but is this from a famous game or one of the author's?

I like the middlegame idea and the discussion is clear. The video uses viewer participation well. I enjoyed looking for the proper plan.

Rb4-a4 is a very nice plan to paralyze black's queenside. It didn't occur to me. I was just planning to advance the a-pawn to a5 right away, but the Rb4-a4 plan is so much nicer!

Marching the white king to b6 awesome.

Instead of the g4 break I was thinking that white could reposition the knight to g5 and put pressure on the backward e-pawn. However, I think black might be able to hold there.

Sorry to see white's mistake at the end. Nevertheless, white came up with a great middlegame/endgame plan.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Knight

Rating: 2100
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
It's not a famous game. It is a correspondence game played between two swedish players in the early 1940's !!!

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Knight

Rating: 1860
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Hi Claus,

I want to thank you for posting your video in the chess contest. I aim to be objective towards all of the videos, and am very critical of all of the videos. First of all, I commend you for choosing an endgame topic! It is something most players would just consider boring or not exciting enough to watch a video of. However, endgames are pretty important. And to the point, I think your video is "very decent". However the plan implemented in this position while a good example is a little cut and dry due to the lack of "any" counterplay for black. While your explanation of this, and the game's continuation show a good way to utilize this advantage, it must be noted that its not every day we achieve such a superiority in position. But since you clearly stated this, and clarified very well the advantage between good knight - bad bishop I do not scorn your video too much, especially keeping in mind the first part of my comment above about choosing an endgame. I think like thesalesman it would be more beneficial to learn to make arrows and highlight squares on the board for visual presentation instead of moving the mouse pointer around. Im taking it you are using a program for the presentation and most programs have keyboard shortcuts for these visual aids. To conclude, your video was beneficial and worth watching, and look forward to your improving video lessons.

Thank you for your excellent video
Jimmie Beatty
smearinov on icc

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]