View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
katar - Danish gambit training [15:54] 
Video Manager

Post katar - Danish gambit training [15:54]
Poster: katar
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200) | Videos Made: 83
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 3.75 (4)

Video Tags: chesspositiontrainer cpt danish gambit

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:06 am
Rook

Post Re: katar - Danish gambit training [15:54]
This is a great video, in my opinion. I think any video which shows multiple possible lines of an opening is very beneficial. You mentioned several times that time spent in the Chess Position Trainer is not educational as tactics or endgame study. I don't disagree with you on that point. But, I do think time spent gaining knowledge of the positions you are likely to see during a game is valuable, too. Thanks for the video...the Danish Gambit does look like a ton of fun to play!

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:11 pm
Pawn

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
hey hey pretty extensive thanks a lot for this katar it is much appreciated
a friend has just leant me danish dynamite so much studying needed i fink.
Do you use this in slow games and do you think its possible to progress much beyond your level with this opening ? thanks again and happy new year

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm
King

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
tunaficiency wrote:
Do you use this in slow games and do you think its possible to progress much beyond your level with this opening ? thanks again and happy new year

The lines with Nxc3 (including Goring gambit) are simply equal. The old video Dashing Danish, or the book Gambiteer1 are more user-friendly than Danish Dynamite in my opinion. Rybka says e4 e5, d4 ed, c3 dc, Nc3 is EQUAL [+.02]. Gambiteer1 covers this line which was an old Alekhine favorite!
Rybka says e4 e5, d4 ed, c3 dc, Bc4 cb, Bb2 is [-.40] so a lot of compensation for 2 pawns, but not quite full. Dashing Danish covers this one.

There are a couple forced EQUAL endgames that you can prepare. As a practical matter, most good players will go straight for these endgames as they are recommended in books. But white is NOT worse.

1.e4 e5 2.d4 exd4 3.c3 dxc3 4.Bc4 cxb2 5.Bxb2 d5 6.Bxd5 Nf6 7.Bxf7+ Kxf7
8.Qxd8 Bb4+ 9.Qd2 Bxd2+ 10.Nxd2 *
DEAD EQUAL
BTW, 7.Nc3 is an interesting idea of Jonny Hector instead of going to the forced endgame.

1.e4 e5 2.d4 exd4 3.c3 d5 4.exd5 Qxd5 5.cxd4 Nc6 6.Nf3 Bg4 7.Be2 Bb4+ 8.
Nc3 Bxf3 9.Bxf3 Qc4 10.Qb3 Qxb3 11.Bxc6+ bxc6 12.axb3 *
DEAD EQUAL

Although these positions are equal, the first one is not drawish due to the imbalances in the pawn structure. Even the 2nd one is not too boring. So it's ironic that your preparation of this crazy gambit might actually force you to learn some endgame strategy!! People think they are shutting down your fun, but if you prepare and look forward to these endgames the benefits will last far longer than your fling playing the Danish gambit. :)

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 am
Profile WWW
King

tunaficiency wrote:

sorry i got carried away and didnt answer the question.

yeah, i play this in slow games.

i think it's a limiting way to play chess, and people can prepare for you pretty easily.

i have to be honest: re-working my white repertoire is sort of a priority for me right now, and i think my 1.e4 e5 is the weakest link. i am actually now playing 1.Nf3 as inspired by Zibbit.

but i learnt alot about dynamics and initiative by playing Danish gambit... it will alwys be my choice after 1.e4 e5 in blitz. i think if you want to get to 1700 quick and sharpen your tactics (and have fun) there is not a better choice. the 1200 player who plays solid lines of the French, and the London System will simply never develop the tactical alertness and vision (and "no fear" mentality) that is necessary to play well in sharp positions. The 1200 player who picks up all gambits will be dangerous, and they can always change to sounder openings later on.

however, for an A-class player to make the push to 2000+, this is probably not the way to go.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Hey Katar,

I wanted thank you for the awesome videos you have posted on the Danish Gambit. I found it very helpful in my studying of that opening.

I was wondering if by any chance if you can post on your blog OR email me your Danish Gambit Repertoire files for Chess Position Trainer. I would really appreciate it.

P.S. Thank You in advance for sharing with us through posting it on your blog or by emailing your Danish Gambit Repertoire files for Chess Position Trainer.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:41 am
King

Hi Edny,

Thanks for watching. This video was from 2.5 years ago, so unfortunately after reinstalling Windows since then I don't have those computer files anymore.

I can tell you though that the repertoire was based on Nigel Davies' video, Dashing Danish.

Hope you will stick around the forum and post in the other threads too. Peace out.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]