View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
sfarmer29 - Puff Goes The Dragon [13:32] 
Video Manager

Post sfarmer29 - Puff Goes The Dragon [13:32]
Poster: sfarmer29
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200) | Videos Made: 332
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 4.40 (10)

Video Tags: Dragon Multiple Sacrifices Openings Sacrifices Sicilian Sicilian Dragon Tactics

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Liked By: combover

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:24 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 2330
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Re: sfarmer29 - Puff Goes The Dragon [13:32]
Hehe entertaining games. That was a nice swindle there in the end and a pretty mate.

Some questions.

1. What is the background noise you have in your videos? Is that some kind of a fountain or something?

2. In the line where you overlooked that Bf8 followed by Qh6 wasn't winning for white because of ...Bg7. Why do you want to sac on g4 after white moves the queen away? My feeling is always in these fianchettoed positions that if the opponent doesn't have the opposing bishop to exchange yours then it's really difficult to mate so I would have thought that just Rfc8 creating a square on f8 would mean black has no worries on that K-side.

Good games, keep 'em coming!

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 2014U
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Thanks for the input Zibbit.

The sound you hear in the video is a fish tank that is a bit low on water, I'll fill it up before the next video. Didn't realize that the cheap microphone I bought would pick up that noise, I'm rather surprised that the sound from the Superbowl didn't come through :-D

With regards to your thoughts about the sac on g4, you are right as it is not necessary, Black could still make life difficult on the c-file/queenside.

My games are of entertainment value only, for I play chess for entertainment. Life is short, why stress over a hobby.

I see that you are from Iceland, if you are around Reykjavik and run across Ted Cross, tell him "Hello, from the guys in Tucson!"

Steve

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 2330
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Hi,

I know who Ted is but I don't know him. I'll give him a shoutout if I see him. I think he always plays in the Icelandic league.

Indeed your games are very entertaining. You have a very sharp style and I have very much enjoyed the 3 games you have presented so far, waiting for the next one!

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1600
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
I too thought it was a fountain and thought it to be rather classy background music. You removed the illusion of class! :-P Interesting game, thanks for sharing.

"... the French wages outright warfare over the entire board, calls for stronger nerves, and demands a soul that finds joy whenever the lust for battle is stoked. In other words, Watson is right: it’s a damn good opening!" - Jeremy Silman

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:15 am
Pawn

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
cool vid i was made up cos i saw the qb4 defense pretty quick , i play the hyper accelerated
sicilian so i get a bit jealous when i see these juicy positions i like the fact youve got detailed notes on the side attention to detail commendable sir

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:59 am
Pawn

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Favourite opening. I like the Soltis Variation (B78) better, but the Dragon is most definately the opening I aim to play whenever my opponent plays 1. e4! The typical exchange sac on c3, the minority attack with the a- and b-pawns, the generally open position in the late middle game...it's all awesome. Nice video

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 2014U
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Hi Everyone!

I have made a ton of videos, over 185 of them, and it's easy to lose track. So I have made a link to http://www.yetmanbrothers.com/Videos%20 ... ctures.htm so you can look up the videos I have done in the past. This will make navigating my videos much easier and there is often a short narrative with each video, so if you are looking for one that you can't remember so well, this may also help.

I will be posting this message to all my video threads.

Thank you for your patronage!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]