chess zebra's training journal
Hello. Thx for taking a look at my training journal.
I am rating slightly over 1500 uscf. I am 40 years old, adult learner who started playing tournament chess 4 years ago.Short term goals: within 2 weeks
1) tactics 5 days per week. 20-30 minutes per day. Primary source will be Rey Cheing's book and/or the tactics server. I plan to register at the tactics server, get a rating there, and establish a goal for rating and RD there as well. Will document all problems missed and review the missed problems once per week.
2) Review/annotate all games from last national chess tournament. Post one of the games on here
3) Make a chart of success in openings with all otb rated games played within the last year.
4) 3 games per wekk in Zurich 1953
5) Endgame: Review Rook vs Bishop and R+B vs R.Long term goals.
Become a master. No time line really. Probably within 5 years.
Play 10 rated games per year (minimum)
Finish with even score or better in state open in 2009
Defeat class B or above player or draw class A or above player in standard rated game in 2009.
If there is anyone who remembers what it was like trying to improve as an adult - and thinks their are some better goals or different goals I should consider, your comments are welcome. Thx