View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Video Credits FAQ 
Rook

Post Re: Video Credits FAQ
An idea would be to make it possible for one user to donate credits to another, that way if some epic video is posted people not on board yet with the credit system could watch it.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 am
Pawn

Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Is there any way that an exception be made to not need credits if Dennis has analyzed one of your (my) games in his "viewer games and questions" videos?

He analyzed one of my games and I went back to watch it and I couldn't because I don't have enough money. If I could just be allowed to watch it one more time...I could capture it. Of course I would have done this initially if I had known that all videos were going to be switched to pay to watch. Don't know if people were given a warning or not especially those whose games were analyzed in videos. If there was then it was my own fault and maybe the email went to my spam box...I dunno. Anyways...my game was in the November video that was like 73 minutes long or so. Maybe admin could edit the vid to just include my game and send it to me via email but be sure to include Dennis' before and after thoughts. That would be great or it would be great to be able to watch one more time.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm
King

Rating: 1800
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Hello wrote:
Is there any way that an exception be made to not need credits if Dennis has analyzed one of your (my) games in his "viewer games and questions" videos?

He analyzed one of my games and I went back to watch it and I couldn't because I don't have enough money. If I could just be allowed to watch it one more time...I could capture it. Of course I would have done this initially if I had known that all videos were going to be switched to pay to watch. Don't know if people were given a warning or not especially those whose games were analyzed in videos. If there was then it was my own fault and maybe the email went to my spam box...I dunno. Anyways...my game was in the November video that was like 73 minutes long or so. Maybe admin could edit the vid to just include my game and send it to me via email but be sure to include Dennis' before and after thoughts. That would be great or it would be great to be able to watch one more time.
My guess, is that they want your money. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 pm
King

Rating: 1840
Is there a possibility of buying credits by any other means than PayPal? They have this really annoying system in place which means I can no longer use it (you can't add a UK bank account which has a registered address in a foreign country). For the first time today I hoped to buy a stack of credits only to find I'm not able to :(

Fri May 06, 2011 10:33 am
Founder
Founder

Rating: 1300
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
Do you know of some alternatives? We are happy to try to accommodate you if there is another good payment processor which you can use.

Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 pm
King

Rating: 1840
Thanks :) I just signed up to Moneybookers.com and though I've never used it before, it seems like I've managed to register my card with it. I guess I won't know for sure until I've actually tried paying for something with it...but I have an account now anyway, so if you don't mind setting it up I'll have a try with payment.

Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 pm
Pawn

Having bought a number of Curtains' Videos, I would like to know if you have a page tracking which videos I have purchased. Rewatching seems only possible if I bookmark each purchased video. Can you help?

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Bump and agreed.

lenin3 wrote:
Having bought a number of Curtains' Videos, I would like to know if you have a page tracking which videos I have purchased. Rewatching seems only possible if I bookmark each purchased video. Can you help?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Easy way to keep track is to either star-rate or "like" the video when you watch it. You know whether you've seen it and the video producers appreciate the love.

:)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating: 2000
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Yea I just signed up - I was a member on here 2 years ago. I think it is illusory to say that it gives the consumer more purchasing power. For example, if I watch a video on some opening I wish to learn and the video costs $15 credits (close to $5) and the video is over my head then I have wasted my money and time both of which I cannot get back; if it is a poorly made video then I wasted my money and time; or if the video is part of a series then I am obliged to purchase each one individually?

I think this system maximizes the amount of money the website makes and forces the customer to pay more blindly.

I am likely going to search for other websites or use the money I'd spend on here towards private lessons.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:08 pm
Pawn

Rating: 1750
I'm newly registered, though I've visited the site for several months. Before I buy credits, I have a few questions. Is there anything I need to download to view videos? If so, what please. Will I be able to download some videos free? My biggest question is what is the procedure from step 1 to the last step for downloading? Thanks.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 pm
Pawn

I forgot to state that I only have a PC and no Ipod...does this affect the download process?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 pm
Pawn

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
All you need to view videos on a PC is Adobe Flash Player (which you probably already have installed).

If you actually want to download videos (e.g. so you can watch them when you're offline), you'll need a generic video player like Windows Media Player, which should come with your PC. You can download up to 2 free videos a month (in addition to any video you've purchased).

It's really a very straightforward process:
1. Purchase credits.
2. Click on the link above the video to purchase it. Now you can watch it, or download it.
To download it:
3. Click the link below the video to download it, then click "I agree".
4. Download the file to your computer.
5. Double-click it and watch!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 am
Pawn

Thanks. I'm still having trouble though. I haven't bought any credits yet. I wanted to download viewtopic.php?t=10291 to make sure I knew how to download, but I don't see any link to download it. What does it say or look like on the link I posted?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:31 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
The link to download is directly below the video, just below the "video tags" line. At least, that is what I see. Since I'm a moderator, it's possible that we may see different things.

This is the link I'm speaking of: viewtopic.php?t=10291#

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2