View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
ChessVideos.TV Forum Rules 
Founder
Founder

Rating: 1300
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
Post ChessVideos.TV Forum Rules
The rules are very simple

1. Don't talk about anything illegal, such as pirating software, or where to pirate software. Also don't post pictures of or links to X-rated material.

2. Don't post videos of somebody else's copyrighted material. If you post a video we assume you have either own the copyright to that video or have permission from the owner. If not, we will be forced to delete the video and if it happens multiple times take away your video posting ability.

3. No advertisements. If you are interested in advertising on this forum, email admin@chessvideos.tv about sponsorship opportunities. If you make a thread that I deem is an advertisement, I will delete it. If you want to link to your blog or mention a new site you think is cool, you are more than welcome as long as you find the appropriate place for it (for example our "Post a link to your blog" thread).

Other than that just use common sense. Josh and I aren't worried at all about legal trouble and we would like to keep it that way.

Thanks,
Admin

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Post Re: ChessVideos.TV Forum Rules
I haven't been to this site for awhile because every time I was watching a video
I got cut off after a few minutes. By that I mean that after 8 or 10 moves into the game the video would abruptly return to the start position. No word of explanation.
I tried again today and the same thing happened. I usually click on "Game Analysis
Videos". Am I missing something obvious? I'm baffled.
Any help would be appreciated because I enjoy the site for the few minutes that
I see it. Thanx, mrktwn@aol.com

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:40 pm
Pawn

thankx a lot for info.i will follow da rules

Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 pm
Knight

Does this include posting a video with analysis based on published analysis from a book? I.e. following a game from a book and using variations from the book but with my own comments as well as some quotes.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:50 pm
fluffy bunny

Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
waparker4 wrote:
Does this include posting a video with analysis based on published analysis from a book? I.e. following a game from a book and using variations from the book but with my own comments as well as some quotes.

I should think this is completly acceptable, since I don't think this voilates the author's copyright.

Mon May 04, 2009 3:55 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1702 USCF
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
I think this falls into the area of "How much use is fair use?" I think you'd really need a lawyer to weigh in on this one.

I believe the issue is how much are you simply repeating copyrighted material vs. how much of your own commentary on that material you're including. IOW, I believe you're allowed to quote a portion of a copyrighted work to cite a source as part of a research project, to comment on it, to criticize it, to satirize it, etc., but you're not allowed to simply incorporate it into part of a larger work merely for it's content.

Since I'm not a lawyer, your mileage may vary. If you want an expert opinion, get an expert!

L8erz...
=wild=

Mon May 04, 2009 9:21 pm
Pawn

Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
Hello everyone...
Thanks for the rules...
I will definitely follow the rules..

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:24 am
Pawn

Rating: 1500
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Sorry, I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I did not find any better place. I would like to know how to cancel premium membership. I checked all the likely places [user control panel, FAQ etc] in the website but did not find it. I also tried "contact us" section but apparently it does not work, as it leads me to outlook email set up. I dont yet know how to cancel membership, and did not find anything useful in the website. Looking forward to the reply from any administrator. thanks.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:14 pm
Founder
Founder

Rating: 1300
Just login to paypal, find one of the payments to ChessVideos.TV, and click the "Details" link. Then at the bottom of that page you should see a link to cancel your subscription.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:43 pm
Pawn

Rating: 1500
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
I used a credit card for payment. I am not sure if i have a paypal account for this transaction.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:46 pm
Founder
Founder

Rating: 2073 USCF
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
badknight wrote:
I used a credit card for payment. I am not sure if i have a paypal account for this transaction.

I'm pretty sure you must have a paypal account to subscribe to something, so you should be able to log-in to the account you created and cancel there. That being said, if you still want to cancel, send me a PM with the name you used to subscribe (your actual name, not username) and I'll take care of it.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:42 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
It's possible the user wasn't waiting for the entire video to load. Often times, if you watch a video and it loads slowly, when the viewer reaches the point up to what has loaded so far or the video finishes loading then the viewer app returns to the start. Considering that no one else has complained of this issue, this is probably what has happened. It has happened to me more than once.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Pawn

Rating: 1200
ChessVideos.TV Admin,

I think this is a great website and I know I haven't even scratched the surface of what it offers. I enjoy the Chess Puzzle of the Day, but would like to know why someone doesn't enforce the site rules against vulgar and abusive posts. There are several commenters who often ridicule others because they post their "solution" to the puzzle or say something intolerable such as "easy puzzle."

Lately, they have been particularly vulgar, using the F bomb at others. Please warn these people that they will lose their posting privileges if it continues.

Also, please also tell them to solve the puzzle BEFORE they look at comments so they don't accidentally see a solution. Duh.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Hi Kimo,

The comments are via Facebook not this site thus we have no control over that content. Abusive posts in our forum are otherwise not tolerated.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]