View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Zibbit Chess Videos 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 2330
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Zibbit Chess Videos
Hi all!

This will be a general thread with discussion about my videos. Here I'll share my ideas and take requests and ideas.

Most of the old videos can be found through the wiki. Still here is overview of series that I might still continue:

- Pattern Recognition: My favourite, a good series imo and I have some ideas for future ones. I think I will keep making those free

- Live blitz games: I'll keep doing those, even though one could say there is an overdose of such videos on this site to a certain extent. I think it's good to have variety nontheless. I haven't made these PPV but I will make some, maybe 2out of every 3 will be free

- Nuggets: Short videos about anything and everything. I see myself making more of those

- Lessons: My PPV series. So far I have done three. Only frist was PPV but site made the other free. I was happy with feedback i general but was a little disappointed with lack of interest in the endgame video as I felt that was very good and useful, I felt myself even I added chess knowledge in making it. Videos in this will be PPV.

I might be forgetting something but those are the main ones. I also have some ideas....they are:

- Opening videos, repertoire kind ones. I already made an intoduction video which was PPV about Benoni. That was specifically for a student but I think I might do a series about the Benoni. Also I will eventually do one on the French. Most likely PPV but I want to have some stuff free.

- Tournament coverage: I have done a couple of those and maybe will if inspired.

- A CV.tv opening repetoire. This would be a rather big project but I have thought about it. Basically something for white that we can play, talk about and share as our opening repertoire. I am leaning more towards 1.d4 here.

Speak your mind...

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
In the PPV series, what would people like to see? I felt like #2 about pawn structure was more viewed and talked about than #3 which was endings. What would you like for #4 (which will also be free)??

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: Over 9000
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Just read that you are disappointed about the lack of interest in the endgame vid. Want to point out that I love endgame stuff but still haven't found time to really watch it...bit busy atm.
Also, any vid is cool ! Maybe my favourites are;

#1 Pattern Recog
#2 Game Analysis
#3 Live Blitz

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:05 am
Profile ICQ
King

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Personally, i think my favorites are your game analysis videos on your battles with Grandmasters. These are really special because only you can make them and no one else, since you played the games! Also they are perfect for pausing the video and "getting into" the positions. Off the top of my head i am thinking about your epic battles with grandmasters Halkias, Miezis, Landa, etc..

Can't go wrong with Pattern Recognition, even if you charge credits for these. Personally i would also line up for more endgame videos.

In terms of "popularity" unfortunately it seems there is the most market or demand for opening repertoire videos. In that case i would hope to see something that hasn't been done before. French defense has been covered on video several times. However, i don't believe Benoni has been done before.

A CV.tv repertoire on 1.d4 would be cool! There are not too many videos out there that cover a complete repertoire with d4/c4. Ftacnik did a DVD, which i've not seen but i got the impression his suggestions were a bit on the boring side.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 am
Profile WWW
King

Rating: 1900 uscf
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Maybe You can go though the endgame simulators on this site and do some of those. I still have trouble with alot of them and im sure many other people on the site will appreciate someone going through the answers. Thanks.

uscf 1900
Fics: 1930

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah I forgot, also I have Gama Analysis now and then, those type of videos I'll continue with and also some tactical training.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Rook

Your pattern recognition videos were absolutely amazing! I'll also say that while endgames are very very important, the deeper endgames happen so fewer that it's more valuable to learn pawn structures and positional motifs. It may explain why your number 2 was more viewed than number 3? That being said, I found your endgame video about the Rook ending with an extra bisohp for a pawn very interesting and deep :)

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm
King

Rating: 1840
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Pattern recognition and endgame please! The bishop+3 vs rook+2 endgame lesson was amazing - the only reason I didn't comment it because I downloaded it and watched it at work, where there's no internet. It was actually one of my favourite lessons in a long time. The other KID lesson was very nice as well.

I personally would also like to see some French opening stuff. I've not seen much by the way of French opening videos and since you play it a lot it would be really great to see some of the lines and ideas.

But overall, pattern recognition is the best of the best. Love that series.

Cheers for all your great work Zibbit!

Edit: For lesson 4 I'd say...more materially imbalanced endgames, or very technical K+P endgames.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 am
Wants a custom title

Rating: 1694
I'd like to see a video all about exchange sacrifices, both in the middlegame, as well as holding/winning endgames with this material situation. Demonstrations and most importantly explanations of why they were made, what the immediate tactical goal was, as well as the long term positional ramifications. Endgames with exchanges up/down have shown up a lot recently in games I've been reviewing, and I am always amazed how well masters can exploit say like, a B+3 pawns vs a R+P (6 pt = 6 pts theoreticall), and win these things.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:24 pm
Rook

Rating: Over 2400
Play handicap games against computers and really find out how strong they are.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:49 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Last video (Lessons #4) was about pawn endings. Next video I think will be a follow up to that. @jwhis I will consider such video in the future, but it's a difficult topic.
@iameatingmyself could be interesting, not a big fan of playing computers but with handicap I can consider it.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Rook

Rating: Over 2400
Zibbit wrote:
Last video (Lessons #4) was about pawn endings. Next video I think will be a follow up to that. @jwhis I will consider such video in the future, but it's a difficult topic.
@iameatingmyself could be interesting, not a big fan of playing computers but with handicap I can consider it.

I have now played 5 5-minute games against houdini with a piece handicap and my score so far is 0.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 am
Knight

Zibbit, I finally got around to watching your introduction to the Benoni (viewtopic.php?t=8753), and I really enjoyed it. Would you consider providing a follow-up video on the Benko gambit? Or is the Benko not really worth playing in non-blitz games?

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 pm
King

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
curt1313 wrote:
Zibbit, I finally got around to watching your introduction to the Benoni (viewtopic.php?t=8753), and I really enjoyed it. Would you consider providing a follow-up video on the Benko gambit? Or is the Benko not really worth playing in non-blitz games?

FYI
viewtopic.php?t=8111

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Knight

katar wrote:
curt1313 wrote:

FYI
viewtopic.php?t=8111

Wow! I don't know how I missed this on my search. Thanks for the link! :D

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next