View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:35 pm



Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Zibbit Chess Videos 
Author Message
King

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Germany
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
For those who want more Zibbit in their lives (= everyone), our favourite Islander is streaming about once a week on Twitch. You can spend a lot of time in the archive while eagerly awaiting the next broadcast.

_________________
- OK. I'll do a damn lot count.


Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 am
Profile
King

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Germany
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
I'm a changed man after watching the craziness unfold tonight. It was like a fever dream of bullet games, Morra gambits, mental images of Esserman and Andrew eating pasta, dunk videos and a few other things.

You had to be there, that's all I can tell you.

_________________
- OK. I'll do a damn lot count.


Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:54 pm
Profile
Premium Member
Premium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 1636
Location: Germany
Rating: Over 9000
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
His channel pretty cool. Haven't watched the whole current sesssion (only made it through the kibitzing of Joey vs Eilysium)..but it's much fun !
http://ko.twitch.tv/zibbit64/profile/pastBroadcasts

_________________
Greetings from northern Germany!
PM me for Facebook :)


Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:31 am
Profile ICQ
King

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Germany
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
gentlewhisper wrote:
His channel pretty cool. Haven't watched the whole current sesssion (only made it through the kibitzing of Joey vs Eilysium)..but it's much fun !
http://ko.twitch.tv/zibbit64/profile/pastBroadcasts


You knocked out the sane part, now prepare for madness! Unfortunately, Twitch doesn't archive the chatlog, the conversations there are half of the fun.

_________________
- OK. I'll do a damn lot count.


Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:59 am
Profile
Pawn

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 am
Posts: 12
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Image


Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm
Profile
Premium Member
Premium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 1636
Location: Germany
Rating: Over 9000
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
I see. Smith-Morra Heaven :)

Fox wrote:
gentlewhisper wrote:
His channel pretty cool. Haven't watched the whole current sesssion (only made it through the kibitzing of Joey vs Eilysium)..but it's much fun !
http://ko.twitch.tv/zibbit64/profile/pastBroadcasts


You knocked out the sane part, now prepare for madness! Unfortunately, Twitch doesn't archive the chatlog, the conversations there are half of the fun.

_________________
Greetings from northern Germany!
PM me for Facebook :)


Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:57 am
Profile ICQ
King

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Germany
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
gentlewhisper wrote:
I see. Smith-Morra Heaven :)


Well, Andrewrun was at Esserman's place at the time and was forwarding his reactions to Zibbit via chat, and conversely, Esserman was listening to Zibbit's stream. Several layers of insanity there.

_________________
- OK. I'll do a damn lot count.


Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:16 am
Profile
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:39 pm
Posts: 2857
Location: Maryland, USA
Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Where do I find this particular stream? I want to experience Smith-Morra heaven too!

_________________
illigetimi non carborundum.


Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 3:37 pm
Posts: 457
Location: Cambridge, MA
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Haha that was a pretty epic bullet marathon, I'm rewatching the Morra match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM4Anw3dI8E&noredirect=1

Zibbit's [delayed to me] reactions to moves were awesome.


Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:04 am
Profile
Premium Member
Premium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 1636
Location: Germany
Rating: Over 9000
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Hey .. This is Zibbit's channel http://ko.twitch.tv/zibbit64/profile/pastBroadcasts and this is the Smith-Morra Madness Stream: http://ko.twitch.tv/zibbit64/b/472617184.

kamus wrote:
Where do I find this particular stream? I want to experience Smith-Morra heaven too!

_________________
Greetings from northern Germany!
PM me for Facebook :)


Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 am
Profile ICQ
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:39 pm
Posts: 2857
Location: Maryland, USA
Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Thanks- that was epic! Esserman is a beast! I'm guessing he sold some more copies of his book from this match. He proved, at the very least, that the Smith-Morra is brutal in bullet chess. Thoroughly enjoyable and I resumed reading the book myself as I had put it down some time ago to take care of some other stuff but I am once again ready to sac a knight or bishop on d5!

_________________
illigetimi non carborundum.


Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:39 pm
Posts: 2857
Location: Maryland, USA
Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Fox- you know that when I read your description of Zibbit's epic stream, I thought you were being somehow poetic. After watching it, I now see that "fever dream etc." was an accurate accounting of the bizarre goings-on.

_________________
illigetimi non carborundum.


Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:23 am
Profile WWW
King

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Germany
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
For some reason, I don't receive email notifications anymore for your streams, Zibbit. At least I didn't get anything for the last two. Have you perchance changed something in your streaming routine, e.g. how you technically start the streams? I get notifications for other channels, that's why I'm asking.

Anyway, going to watch the recording now. Thanks in advance for the Blitz tournament recap! :)

_________________
- OK. I'll do a damn lot count.


Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:49 am
Profile
Premium Member
Premium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:21 am
Posts: 1200
Location: Iceland
Rating: 2330
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Fox wrote:
For some reason, I don't receive email notifications anymore for your streams, Zibbit. At least I didn't get anything for the last two. Have you perchance changed something in your streaming routine, e.g. how you technically start the streams? I get notifications for other channels, that's why I'm asking.

Anyway, going to watch the recording now. Thanks in advance for the Blitz tournament recap! :)


Nope, didn't change anything. Need to look into it!

_________________
Visit me on zibbit64.blogspot.com


Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
King

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:48 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Germany
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
Post Re: Zibbit Chess Videos
Zibbit wrote:
Fox wrote:
For some reason, I don't receive email notifications anymore for your streams, Zibbit. At least I didn't get anything for the last two. Have you perchance changed something in your streaming routine, e.g. how you technically start the streams? I get notifications for other channels, that's why I'm asking.

Anyway, going to watch the recording now. Thanks in advance for the Blitz tournament recap! :)


Nope, didn't change anything. Need to look into it!


Thanks! Probably not something on your end, but you never know!

Oh, and congrats on your excellent tournament. Very impressive play. :)

Completely agree with you on that FM guy cheating (on chess.com). As you said, "it's beyond obvious".

_________________
- OK. I'll do a damn lot count.


Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:03 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF