View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40] 
Author Message
Video Manager

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:17 pm
Posts: 524
Post Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]


This video costs 3 credits to view


Purchasing this video gives you the right to unlimited viewing of this Video on ChessVideos.TV in addition to the ability to download this video in iPod video format for personal viewing. By purchasing this video you agree to the Terms Of Service.


Please Register So You Can Purchase This Video





Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am
Profile
King

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 am
Posts: 805
Location: England
Rating: 1840
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
I didn't watch this yet but...wh-wh-what?? No 3. a6 in the quick Ruy series?? Or did I miss it? I'm sure I didn't.


Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:06 pm
Profile
King

Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 am
Posts: 744
Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
Same as Flint- what about the closed, Marshal etc!? Josh should change the name...

_________________
http://www.chessvideos.tv/wiki/index.php/Sarciness%27_Videos


Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm
Posts: 191
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
It might just mean I need to catch up on my sleep, but I don't know what in the world you guys are talking about. :) The Open Ruy starts 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Ba4 Nf6 5.0-0 Nxe4, so what do you mean "No 3...a6"? Anyway, as this is show 19, you can see that this is going to take some time. Be patient! I'm eventually heading for the Chigorin Variation in the Closed, so based on that you can get an idea for the order in which things will happen.

_________________
Dennis Monokroussos

http://www.thechessmind.net


Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 pm
Profile ICQ
King

Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 am
Posts: 744
Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
Initiative wrote:
It might just mean I need to catch up on my sleep, but I don't know what in the world you guys are talking about. :) The Open Ruy starts 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Ba4 Nf6 5.0-0 Nxe4, so what do you mean "No 3...a6"? Anyway, as this is show 19, you can see that this is going to take some time. Be patient! I'm eventually heading for the Chigorin Variation in the Closed, so based on that you can get an idea for the order in which things will happen.

We mean this:
January 28, 2012 - by JoshSpecht

The Conclusion to the Quick Ruy
In this week's lesson, Dennis presents the final installment of his epic series on the Ruy Lopez. He presents, the Quick Ruy 19, covering the 9.c3 Nc5/Be7 lines. He covers a lot of the transpositional possibilites, gives an overview of the theoretical landscape, and suggests a few small novelties. At last we have everything the aspiring Ruy Lopez player could ever want! As always, let us know what you think.

_________________
http://www.chessvideos.tv/wiki/index.php/Sarciness%27_Videos


Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm
Posts: 191
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
Ah!! Okay, I didn't notice that bit on the front page. I'll have him fix that. (I still don't understand the bit about 3...a6, but I get the broader point!)

_________________
Dennis Monokroussos

http://www.thechessmind.net


Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 pm
Profile ICQ
King

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 am
Posts: 805
Location: England
Rating: 1840
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
Initiative wrote:
Ah!! Okay, I didn't notice that bit on the front page. I'll have him fix that. (I still don't understand the bit about 3...a6, but I get the broader point!)


Sorry by that I meant the Morphy defense on the larger scale, not just the open :)

Seen the vid now btw...thanks for that! Honestly it's hard to take in all this info though. I played a Jaenisch earlier and got annhilated, and had absolutely no recollection of that you recommended :) This isn't really a series worth watching only once, it's worth studying intensely over many hours, which unfortunately I've not been able to do. Hopefully in the future though, and in any case there have been some interesting games along the way. I'm itching for the closed ruy stuff though, because this is the stuff I'm most familiar with I might take something away with me in the long term :)

Cheers!


Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:13 pm
Profile
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm
Posts: 191
Rating Class: FIDE Master
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
Flint:

True, I haven't yet made it to the main lines of the Closed w/9.h3 or hit the Marshall/Anti-Marshall systems or the Archangelsk complexes, but in the land of 3...a6 I've covered the Open, the Exchange, the Center Attack, lines with an early d3 and unusual 4th moves for Black. Ten or eleven show's worth of material on 3...a6! :) (And probably at least that many more to go...)

_________________
Dennis Monokroussos

http://www.thechessmind.net


Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am
Profile ICQ
King

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 am
Posts: 805
Location: England
Rating: 1840
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Post Re: Dennis M.: Quick Ruy 19: Open w/9.c3 Nc5, Be7 [33:40]
Initiative wrote:
Flint:

True, I haven't yet made it to the main lines of the Closed w/9.h3 or hit the Marshall/Anti-Marshall systems or the Archangelsk complexes, but in the land of 3...a6 I've covered the Open, the Exchange, the Center Attack, lines with an early d3 and unusual 4th moves for Black. Ten or eleven show's worth of material on 3...a6! :) (And probably at least that many more to go...)


Yeah I realised that after I wrote it. Not quite with it at the moment :)


Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF