M-Tel Masters, Sofia 2009
USCF Championship, St. Louis 2009
FIDE Grand Prix, Nalchik 2009
Reykjavik Open, 2009
FIDE Women Grand Prix, Instanbul 2009
European Championship, 2009
Reykjavik Open, 2008
- B vs Stelios Halkias(GM), RvkOpen2008(1) - Semi-Slav (Moscow Variation Bxf6) A very instructive game. Opening part is interesting and Halkias sacrifices a piece which was a very interesting bluff as he later revealed. Some general GM techniques are demonstrated such as in-between moves and waiting moves in the endgame. Finally we learn the proper technique for winning similar endgames and then a harsh lesson in rook endings as black should have held on.
- W vs Chr. Gueneau(2126), RvkOpen2008(2) - Catalan
- B vs Normunds Miezis(GM), RvkOpen2008(3) English. The power of the two bishops. The game seems level but all of a sudden out of nowhere the power of the bishops is demonstrated.
- W vs Joh. Ingvason(2125),RvkOpen2008(4) - Catalan. This game demonstrates refutation of an attack that doesn't have positional basis. Black attacks without having any basis to do so, no pieces or no control of center. White controls the center and easily refutes the attack.
- B vs E.Hermansson(IM),RvkOpen2008(5) - Modern
- B vs J.Halldorsson(2174), RvkOpen08(7) Torre. Passive play by white is punished. Good example of choosing your exchanges and knowing which pieces to exchange.