View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 am

[ 5 posts ] 
Explanation of Master Hangout 
Founder
Founder

Rating: 1300
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
 Explanation of Master Hangout
What is the Master Hangout?

Given we had sections for beginner and int/advanced players, we thought it was only fair to create one for players who are master level or above. Here is where their videos will automatically post. This way when you enter beginner, int/advanced, or our new master hangout you know exactly what level of video you are going to be watching.

Who is eligible?

To make it as clearcut as possible, any player who has a FIDE title will be allowed to post videos here. Like any other forum, anybody can reply and comment on the videos. If you meet this eligibility and would like to post here, just send me a PM and I will take care of it. All FIDE titled players will also be given a custom title that matches their FIDE title. We will also make exceptions for players with strong national ratings and titles on a case by case basis.

What is the difference between Master Hangout and Training Videos from the Masters?

Training Videos from the Masters is a structured series of videos that Josh and I commission from very talented teachers of the game to provide excellent high quality lessons. Master hangout is a much more casual place where masters can post any type of video they want. This doesn't mean the videos are of lesser value, but Josh and I prescreen all of our Training Videos from the Masters for quality, whereas here anything goes.

Added 4/27/2009:

If you are at least a FIDE master, you enter your FIDE ID in your user profile (thereby publicly showing your title/name/rank under your videos) and post at least one video in master hangout, we will provide you with a free premium membership to the site. Please PM admin to ask for your free membership if you qualify.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:51 am
Pawn

it would be helpful if there was a link to this section on the main page, so it would be easier to get here. thanks.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:22 pm
Pawn

Rating: 2469
Rating Class: International Master
 Re: Explanation of Master Hangout
Hi admin, I have a question. I'm new here and Im wondering how you can make a new topic and post a video in there. Would be great to know so I can share with other people, thanks! =)

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Hi, hopefully the admin has already attended to your questions, if not I'm sure he will soon. Try a PM to him as I'm not at all sure how often he checks in.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Founder
Founder

Rating: 2073 USCF
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
KhaledAbdelRazik wrote:
Hi admin, I have a question. I'm new here and Im wondering how you can make a new topic and post a video in there. Would be great to know so I can share with other people, thanks! =)

This was addressed over PM, but for future people who are interested: if you are a master-level player and would like access to the master hangout please send a Private Message (PM) to me or admin.

Wed May 26, 2010 12:02 pm
   [ 5 posts ]