View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:30 pm



 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55] 
Author Message
Video Manager

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:17 pm
Posts: 524
 curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Poster: curtains
Name: International Master Gregory Shahade
Federation: USA
Videos Made: 2140
FIDE Rating: 2463
World Rank: 1285
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 4.67 (12)

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Liked By: whiskeytown


Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:07 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:12 pm
Posts: 553
Location: USA
Rating: No rating
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
I wouldn't have been able to see that you had a worse end game.

Having said that, I appreciate your not taking the draw! Was an interesting game to watch. Thx for the videos,

_________________
I learned chess from Grandmaster Flash.

Image courtesy of Bradu of the UG!


Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:14 am
King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:57 am
Posts: 324
Rating: 1900U
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Why did you try to beat him on time in a (drawish) K+R+4P endgame? It's nice to push the envelope a bit, but I think that was a little too much.

I liked the Nd3 move... I thought it was best and offered you the best winning chances.

_________________
The Game of Chess is not merely an idle amusement; Several very valuable qualities of the mind, useful in the course of human life, are to be acquired and strengthened by it." - Benjamin Franklin


Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:47 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 1497
Rating Class: International Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Huh? What else could I do? It's not like he offered me a draw anytime in the last 30 moves.


Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:49 am
Rook

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:46 am
Posts: 152
Location: Aurora, IL
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
In the last two videos, you've included some "Why did he make that move?" comments for the benefit of all the amateur players in the audience. Now you're speaking my language! I'm excited that you're taking even more of an educational approach towards these videos. The Rae1 in this video and the a6 - Ba7 in the last video were very instructive to me. Just a little tidbit of explanation like this is much appreciated. Thank you!

_________________
Visit my chessvideos.tv wiki page!

http://www.chessvideos.tv/wiki/index.php/BoyHowdy%27s_Videos


Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:17 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 1497
Rating Class: International Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
BoyHowdy wrote:
In the last two videos, you've included some "Why did he make that move?" comments for the benefit of all the amateur players in the audience. Now you're speaking my language! I'm excited that you're taking even more of an educational approach towards these videos. The Rae1 in this video and the a6 - Ba7 in the last video were very instructive to me. Just a little tidbit of explanation like this is much appreciated. Thank you!


I'll try to do a bit more of that in the future. You know sometimes its easy for me to just take a few moves for granted.


Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:27 am
King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:57 am
Posts: 324
Rating: 1900U
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
curtains wrote:
Huh? What else could I do? It's not like he offered me a draw anytime in the last 30 moves.

Nevermind... I was a bit confused. I'm the crazy type of blitz player that offers draws with less than 0:20 remaining.

_________________
The Game of Chess is not merely an idle amusement; Several very valuable qualities of the mind, useful in the course of human life, are to be acquired and strengthened by it." - Benjamin Franklin


Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:43 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 1497
Rating Class: International Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Don't worry, I'd have taken a draw at any point during that endgame. The draw was offered way before where there were still some pieces on the board. I didn't want to cheat my loyal viewers by accepting a draw!


Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:46 am
King

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am
Posts: 379
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
curtains wrote:
BoyHowdy wrote:
In the last two videos, you've included some "Why did he make that move?" comments for the benefit of all the amateur players in the audience. Now you're speaking my language! I'm excited that you're taking even more of an educational approach towards these videos. The Rae1 in this video and the a6 - Ba7 in the last video were very instructive to me. Just a little tidbit of explanation like this is much appreciated. Thank you!


I'll try to do a bit more of that in the future. You know sometimes its easy for me to just take a few moves for granted.


Yeah, when you played Rae1 I was like wtf, did Curtains miss he had another rook, and a few seconds later when you explained it was as if you knew exactly what I was thinking. You are a great teacher, you deserve the chocolate. The next time you make a video you should make us all jealous by having some Godiva chocolate melting in your mouth when talking :lol:


Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 am
Rook

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:07 am
Posts: 115
Rating: Over 2400
Rating Class: FIDE Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Pretty easy to see you would get the worse end of the deal.


Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 1497
Rating Class: International Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Iameatingmyself wrote:
Pretty easy to see you would get the worse end of the deal.



Do you realize how obnoxious you sound on a regular basis? Maybe easy for you, but there are lots of people who watch these videos who aren't as big of a genius as you are and who don't see and understand everything with such ease.

I mean really what's the point of your post at all?


Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:23 am
Rook

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:07 am
Posts: 115
Rating: Over 2400
Rating Class: FIDE Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
curtains wrote:
Iameatingmyself wrote:
Pretty easy to see you would get the worse end of the deal.



Do you realize how obnoxious you sound on a regular basis? Maybe easy for you, but there are lots of people who watch these videos who aren't as big of a genius as you are and who don't see and understand everything with such ease.

I mean really what's the point of your post at all?

You asked the viewers if they could see it. And I answered. I know how much you love to get comments.


Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 am
Rook
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 am
Posts: 129
Location: Ohio
Rating: 1560
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
Iameatingmyself wrote:
curtains wrote:
Iameatingmyself wrote:
Pretty easy to see you would get the worse end of the deal.



Do you realize how obnoxious you sound on a regular basis? Maybe easy for you, but there are lots of people who watch these videos who aren't as big of a genius as you are and who don't see and understand everything with such ease.

I mean really what's the point of your post at all?

You asked the viewers if they could see it. And I answered. I know how much you love to get comments.


These forums are for chess players to come together, share knowledge, and improve. Believe me when I say that it is nothing but annoying when people "flex their muscles" around here. What he asked was if anybody saw it, not how easy it was for them. Yours was a pointless comment which did nothing but try to let everyone know how good of a chess player you are. We really don't care. I'm also fairly certain that when Greg says that he likes comments he doesn't mean for you to come here and see how sarcastic you can be. Have some respect.


Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:22 pm
Rook

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:07 am
Posts: 115
Rating: Over 2400
Rating Class: FIDE Master
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
imagrandmaster wrote:
Iameatingmyself wrote:
You asked the viewers if they could see it. And I answered. I know how much you love to get comments.


These forums are for chess players to come together, share knowledge, and improve. Believe me when I say that it is nothing but annoying when people "flex their muscles" around here. What he asked was if anybody saw it, not how easy it was for them. Yours was a pointless comment which did nothing but try to let everyone know how good of a chess player you are. We really don't care. I'm also fairly certain that when Greg says that he likes comments he doesn't mean for you to come here and see how sarcastic you can be. Have some respect.

Lol go home grandpa


Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 pm
Rook
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 am
Posts: 129
Location: Ohio
Rating: 1560
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
 Re: curtains - L260: W vs Scalito [FM] [26:55]
??? I'm 22 and I am home.


Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF