View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 am



 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20] 
Author Message
Pawn

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:30 am
Posts: 2
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
I have been watching your vids for awhile. I think they are great. You do not know me, but I am a big fan both of these vids and your poker writings/career.

This is my first post here. It could be easily argued that I am an asshole. The same cannot be said for Rumilives.

All the Rumileves bashing is rather uncalled for. I am sure he meant absolutely no ill will in his comment. He is one of the nicest guys around. I am sure Greg would agree, and laugh.....

The rating comments are howling funny.


Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 am
Knight

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 am
Posts: 33
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Groe9000 wrote:
imagrandmaster wrote:
Groe9000 wrote:
p.s. I did vote for McCain, but sadly blacks would rather vote for skin color rather than vote on ideas or for someone who will protect them. The worst part is the media ignors this fact and says that race isn't a factor because whites voted for obama. Even worse my state now has to live with all the horrible socialists that ruined the state because blacks voted the democrate party line.


Funny that you use the word "idiocy" when you go on a rant assuming black people only vote for Obama because he is black too. Did you ever consider that perhaps these people too thought that Obama would in fact be the better president?


Its hard to consider that when 95% of them voted for obama, I find it hard to believe that 95% of a voter group would pick someone because of there ideas. Kind of a statisical improbality. So, there must be something else that made the most of them vote that way. Also, I didn't say all blacks voted on skin color just that most of them did and that those who did just voted the party line which put people back into power that shouldn't be. And number two: I don't think that what i said was much of a rant; more of a wish that blacks would vote for ideas so that my region would get better. I don't really care that they voted for obama its the state races that concern me.


In Sweden 95 % of the population would prefer Obama as the president of the USA, and very few in Sweden are black. Swedes are not a voting group, but it still proves that a group of people can vote for Obama based on his ideas and not on his race. In fact in Sweden people in general don't talk about different races, we believe that there is only one race, the human race. The color of the skin has nothing to do with human qualities. "To judge and categorise human beings with such gauge is greatly contradictory with the principles of human equality."


Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:24 am
King

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 481
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
vkoy and that is just because Swedish people in general are sheeps..
I prefer Obama over McCain too but I do not base my beliefs on stupid onesided media like most other people in Sweden do.

The funny thing is..those journalists that write for the big newspapers they are not even interested in some sort of diaglogue or objectivity. I invited some leading swedish journalists for a discussion about this very subject..guess how many was interested?
Yeah none...that tells me much about swedish journalism...

_________________
"They can only take them one at a time!"


Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:17 am
Knight

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 am
Posts: 33
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Maple Stevens wrote:
vkoy and that is just because Swedish people in general are sheeps..
I prefer Obama over McCain too but I do not base my beliefs on stupid onesided media like most other people in Sweden do.

The funny thing is..those journalists that write for the big newspapers they are not even interested in some sort of diaglogue or objectivity. I invited some leading swedish journalists for a discussion about this very subject..guess how many was interested?
Yeah none...that tells me much about swedish journalism...


First of all, not only Swedish people are "sheep", this goes for most people around the world. Secondly, I never said anything about Swedish media being good (I hate most Swedish media and journalists) neither did I say that Swedes are right, smart or better than any other group of people (even though I agree that it is stupid to categorize people based on the colour of their skin, I even think that the UN make that very statement, so that makes Swedes no special at all, I just wanted to bring light to the race question), hence what you wrote had nothing to do with anything in my post. I just said that black people in America are not the only group of people who would (did) vote for Obama, and I used the Swedes as an example, since I am from Sweden.


Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:16 am
King

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 481
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
So...you should seriously read what I wrote again then since you obviously did not get what I was posting about.

Since I do not think you will do that I wrote that to answer/filling in why 95% of the swedish population would vote for Obama so I do not really see your point with your last post.

_________________
"They can only take them one at a time!"


Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 am
King

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm
Posts: 537
Location: The Netherlands
Rating: 2202
Rating Class: National Master
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Groe9000 wrote:
A million may have died but the us didn't kill them all. You seem to forget about the anti-freedom fighters and terrorists that plant bombs in markets, schoolyards and on busy streets, and lets not forget the suicide bombers. You seem to forget that Iraq violated many U. N. sanctions and that they posed a threat to the middle eastern countries. They did defend themselves and they lost. Many of the fighters cross the syrian and Iranian borders. The new Iraqi government doesn't want them there and we'll protect them until they can protect themselves. Only a few allowed to vote? You really know nothing about the USA. I don't care that your anti-american. I only care to enlighten others to your idiocy. Nor do I care what the rest of the world thinks.

p.s. I did vote for McCain, but sadly blacks would rather vote for skin color rather than vote on ideas or for someone who will protect them. The worst part is the media ignors this fact and says that race isn't a factor because whites voted for obama. Even worse my state now has to live with all the horrible socialists that ruined the state because blacks voted the democrate party line.


EDIT: let me rephrase myself. Terrorist wouldn't be there if America hadn't invaded. I'd defend my country too if you did. About voting: I meant Europeans don't have the right to vote, even though the US president practically decides everything. Socialism rocks, let's talk again when you've tried to live off a minimum wage for a month without health insurance. Added: I don't like you.

_________________
And seeing the beauty of the Dragon-variation, the cosmos re-aligned its stars and immortalised it. For even now, we call that constellation the Dragon constellation.

Dutch elo: 2202
FIDE: 2233


Last edited by RAU4ever on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:54 am
Knight

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 am
Posts: 33
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Maple Stevens wrote:
So...you should seriously read what I wrote again then since you obviously did not get what I was posting about.

Since I do not think you will do that I wrote that to answer/filling in why 95% of the swedish population would vote for Obama so I do not really see your point with your last post.


Yeah, you are right, I may have misinterpreted you. What you wrote was very vague though. So basically what you said was that black people are stupid because they vote a the Swedes would who believe everything media says and are sheep. (being a heep = being stupid) Not a very nice thing to say, or did I misinterpret you again? Otherwise you agree with him (Groe9000) who said that most black people in America vote for Obama because skin colour, which is quite ignorant considering the American history and many other things. Or why else do you write directly to me the way you do then, hostile is an exaggeration, but not a big one. You're indirectly calling me a sheep among other things. You can't deny that you pretty much said that the comparison I did was stupid. My point is that it's very hard to read your comment and make alot out of it.

If 95 % of the black population of America voted for Obama and it wasn't because of his ideas they obviously voted for him bacause they believed he could make a difference, that he would change things. Black people are still discriminated, and a greater part of the black population in America is poor compared to the white population. It makes total sense that opressed people who think for themselves vote for the alternative who is more "left" then the other alternative. Not every black person in America is poor, but they now their history and they know that voting for Obama maybe won't make that much of a change, but at elast it may be a small step in the right direction. To say that they vote because of colour is like not seeing the wood for the tress.

The reson why all presidents have been men is not becuase all American are men and only vote for men (since 50 % of the population are women)... The reason why "all" black people vote for Obama is not becuase he is black, there is a much deeper truth.


Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 pm
King

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 481
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Vkoy
I said in general swedish people are sheeps..I did not say you were one cause I do not know you. And I base that opinion on all the discussions I have had with swedish people and discussions on tv and forums etc etc. Go to the forum at aftobladet.se and have a look around...
And I did not say anything about your opinions about black or white people. Do note that I said my post was more like answering/filling in why 95% of the swedes would vote for Obama. I did not take your post in consideration for that cause I did not have anything to say about it at the time. So I do not get why you take my post as saying your conversation was stupid since I did not discuss your post directly...merely adding to it.

_________________
"They can only take them one at a time!"


Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 am
Pawn

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:34 am
Posts: 14
Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
John Kerry won 88% of the black vote in 2004. Al Gore won 90% of the black vote in 2000. Last I checked those are two white candidates. Just sayin.


Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:28 am
Knight

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 am
Posts: 33
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Maple Stevens wrote:
Vkoy
I said in general swedish people are sheeps..I did not say you were one cause I do not know you. And I base that opinion on all the discussions I have had with swedish people and discussions on tv and forums etc etc. Go to the forum at aftobladet.se and have a look around...
And I did not say anything about your opinions about black or white people. Do note that I said my post was more like answering/filling in why 95% of the swedes would vote for Obama. I did not take your post in consideration for that cause I did not have anything to say about it at the time. So I do not get why you take my post as saying your conversation was stupid since I did not discuss your post directly...merely adding to it.


Ok, I just think that was a very strange add to my post then. There is a logical error in what you are saying somewhere, you can't just say that most Swedes are sheep and that is why they would vote for Obama. You're add was not just answering/filling in why 95 % of the Swedes would vote for Obama, since it automatiaclly became and add to previous posts that I answered with my post. Sure maybe Swedes believe what Swedish media says more than they should, but is there an vast diffrence when it comes to Americans and American media? But I get what you're saying to a certain degree, so basically I'll shut up now and won't be a pain in the ass any more.


Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:04 am
King

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 481
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
I can safely say that swedish people in general are sheeps since they are so easy manipulated. As safely I can say that german people in the 30s were sheeps when they were so easily manipulated by Hitler and his henchmen.
And I think there is a difference...of course American media is biased too..but they are atleast a investigating media. That we cannot say about swedish media. The only thing they investigate is searching for stuff that suits their agenda and pretty much nothing else.
What I want to say is that there is no broad picture here. That picture is bigger elsewhere..even in the US so hence why I added to what you said.

And now I am done with this too..=))

_________________
"They can only take them one at a time!"


Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:19 am
ChessVideos.TV All-star
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 582
Location: Portland, OR
Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
Groe and RAU - I think it's fun to see how neither of you have any clue about what you're talking about, and merely rehashing propaganda that you probably read off of some random blog. Anyone who makes race an issue in anything is first and foremost ignorant (coming from either side). Furthermore, where do people get off speaking for the entire world (on having an anti-american sentiment lol)? Lots of idiocy in this thread...I'm excited to see these new socialist states, as well. Read a book and learn how our government actually works, kids.

On topic, a very interesting game, thanks for the new material, greg.

_________________
"All I want to do, ever, is play chess" - RJF


Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 pm
Knight

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 pm
Posts: 47
 Re: curtains - L295: W vs RumiLives [25:20]
It should be a rule that Curtains can't leave his last video as a loss, imo.


Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:33 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF