View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:09 am

[ 6 posts ] 
expectnomercy - expectnomercy - L1: W VS jjdoit [8:05] 
Video Manager

expectnomercy - expectnomercy - L1: W VS jjdoit [8:05]
Poster: expectnomercy
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800) | Videos Made: 2
Login or register to rate this video...
Average Rating: 4.67 (3)

Video Tags: Blitz

Video Download: Login or register to download this video for your iPhone/iPod Touch

Like (Login Required)
Be the first to like this video!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 am
Pawn

Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
 Re: expectnomercy - expectnomercy - L1: W VS jjdoit [8:05]
Fight ‘til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud
starin’ out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all
and one day time will tell
when you’re the one that’s standing there
you’ll reach the final bell!

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own :wink:

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:59 am
Pawn

Rating: 1823
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Thanks for commenting! You're too kind... :wink: There were mistakes on both sides and I could have lost this game easily if my opponent would have used his chances...

"On the chessboard lies and hypocrisy do not survive long. The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie; the merciless fact, culminating in a checkmate, contradicts the hypocrite." - Emanuel Lasker

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:46 am
Pawn

I just realised that there's one expectnomercy too much in the title... LOL at me... I can't even name the videos properly.

"On the chessboard lies and hypocrisy do not survive long. The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie; the merciless fact, culminating in a checkmate, contradicts the hypocrite." - Emanuel Lasker

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:26 am
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1600
Rating Class: Class C (1400-1600)
An interesting idea was instead of playing Nf4 threatening Nf7 you could have just played Nf7 because of Qxf7?? Nb6+ winning the Queen for 2 pieces which would make it better for him to just lose the rook I think.

Good game and thanks for entering.

"... the French wages outright warfare over the entire board, calls for stronger nerves, and demands a soul that finds joy whenever the lust for battle is stoked. In other words, Watson is right: it’s a damn good opening!" - Jeremy Silman

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 am
Pawn

Thank you for commenting Robofriven! I think that after 12.Nf7 as you suggested black will not take the knight on f7 but instead he will play Be6. This prevents my knight ever coming out of h8 alive since there is no tricks anymore with discovered attacks and the knight has no safe squares to which it can go to. So black loses at least the exchange in this line. The suggested move 12. Nf7 is much better than the move I played in the game because the idea I had doesn't work it only loses material. If my opponent had played 13...Rg8 I have nothing and my pieces are a bit awkwardly placed. The move I intended to play after 13...Rg8 was 14.Nh6 which of course loses two pieces for a rook 14...gxh6 15.Bxg8 Nxg8.

My opponent could have made my life really uncomfortable earlier in the game by playing 9...e4 winning a piece for a pawn. Also later I could have lost the game if my opponent would have played 22...g5! instead of 22...Ng4 black would have won the game pretty easily.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 am
   [ 6 posts ]