View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
HOWTO: Record a video 
Knight

Rating: 2027
Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
 Re: HOWTO: Record a video
Hello guys,
I have got issues with installing the Windows Media Encoder 9 x64 on my notebook. My OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, and as far as I know there are other people than me who also got issues with installing WME.
The problem that appears:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I've searched for quite some time on the Internet for a solution to this problem. I'm just confused, in the description it says that WME 9 x64 is supposed to run on Windows 7 64 Bit, but Microsoft doesn't have a solution to this problem which many people have.
And the real weird thing is: I actually managed to install WME 9 x 64 on my notebook once, but then I had to reinstall my System because of serious issues.
So I'm quite sure there is a solution to this problem, and I hope some of you know how it works.
I like this Encoder best, and Windows Expression Encoder can only produce 10 minute screen captures, which is definetely too short.

PS: I tried to run it as an administrator and I also tried to run in under Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc., nothing worked.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:07 am
Pawn

Rating: novice
Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
Yeah, you can use the above mentioned way to record a video, while you can still use other way to help you download. The screen recorder worked well on me, I often use it to help me record yoga online videos, and the video is pretty clear, almost the same as the video on computer screen.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 pm
Pawn

Rating: novice
Rating Class: Novice (<1200)
How about the way I mentioned above?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Pawn

Rating: 1907
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
I have a quick question for which I have so far not found an answer. What are the supported file formats for these videos? I understand that WMV files work, but would other formats like .FLV or .MP4 also work? I ask since there are many newer screen capture options available which perform better but don't necessarily support .WMV file encoding.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:19 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
Cane wrote:
I have a quick question for which I have so far not found an answer. What are the supported file formats for these videos? I understand that WMV files work, but would other formats like .FLV or .MP4 also work? I ask since there are many newer screen capture options available which perform better but don't necessarily support .WMV file encoding.

Oddly enough, when I asked Admin (the tech guru of the site) he didn't seem to know. I know from experience that avi and Quicktime are supported. I caution against using avi's though- due to the often large file sizes (what's the deal with that BTW?) or some other factor, more problems seem to occur with this filetype than the others. If you have other formats you prefer to work with, you might try uploading a short test video to see if they work. In the comments, you can indicate that you wish them to be erased and I'll delete them for you. Good luck- we'll look forward to your videos!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:38 am
   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2