View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 am

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
katar - 1.e4 e5 for Black: Danish, Goring, Ponzi [24:20] 
King

Rating: 1230
Rating Class: Class D (1200-1400)
 Re: katar - 1.e4 e5 for Black: Danish, Goring, Ponzi [24:20]
put me down for one of those CPT db's :)

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rating: 1702 USCF
Rating Class: Class B (1600-1800)
De nada. But I would like a copy of your CPT data file when you actually finish! :D

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 pm
Pawn

Rating: 1650
How do you edit Scid such that you can create arrows on the main board.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:24 am
King

Rating Class: Expert (2000-2200)
I see that's ur first post. Welcome to the board!

Control click for arrows
Control Shift click for square highlighting

Left click = green
Right click = red

Additional colors and options available in the Comment Editor window (shortcut: Control-E)

Tue May 03, 2011 5:51 am
Pawn

Rating: 1650
katar wrote:
I see that's ur first post. Welcome to the board!

Control click for arrows
Control Shift click for square highlighting

Left click = green
Right click = red

Additional colors and options available in the Comment Editor window (shortcut: Control-E)

Thanks katar!

Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Rating: 1698
(This has been posted in the other relevant threads too- since the original post where I linked to the CPT repertoire has long since dropped off the radar, I thought it made sense to link here):

I have transcribed Katar's e4-e5 complete repertoire into Chess Position Trainer format. See the link at the end of this post.

Please note that for my ease in transcription, I divided the repertoire into several sub-repertoires however many transpositions exist from one opening to another that are not addressed by this method of organization. Fortunately, CPT allows one to merge the sub-repertoires (discrete sub-reps or altogether) to create one super-repertoire that does address the transposition issue. If you do this (and you probably should for training purposes), first make a copy of the original in case you want to split off any of the sub-repertoires at a later date.

Also, databases are very tricky to proofread and Katar didn't speak the moves aloud at many points as he whizzed through variations making transcription a real challenge at times, so undoubtedly there will errors and oversights. Please let me know when you discover these as I will continue to update the repertoire over time.

All the material covered in his videos including comments (though often condensed) and evaluations is included. I also drew on other sources- articles, books and computer analysis in places where I thought it was useful to flesh out the lines or investigate obvious looking replies that were not originally covered in the videos. The only video of his 9-part series not included is the Main Line Berlin Defense ("The Berlin Wall") as the types of positions that arise (i.e. based on ideas rather than variations) do not lend themselves to a database treatment very successfully. You should watch his video for the ideas involved as well as Dennis Monokroussos' two excellent videos (albeit with a different approach to the opening than Katar's recommendations) and Cox's book (The Berlin Wall).

Many thanks to katar for his hard work and diligent research and also a big shoutout to Wildman whose PGN transcriptions proved invaluable at times.

Enjoy!

http://nationalchessacademy.org/Katar_K ... _e4_e5.zip

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:35 pm
King

Rating: 1802
Rating Class: Class A (1800-2000)
Several years on and these videos are still of the highest quality!

I am preparing against the Ponziani and the 4.Qa4 modern main line. I've found an interesting line which I prefer to Katar's line though as in my analysis I kind of like white after 10.Qh5+! Instead of Katar's 10.Qe2.

I have found a line I think is in keeping with Katar's approach in general, especially to the Anti-Max Lange. I intend to play 4...Nf6! instead of 4...Bd7 if my opponent dares play the Ponziani. I really hope he will.

edit: of course black was fine in that game, he put white under a lot of pressure with f4! but it's the source of the idea 10. Qh5+ and a fantastic game so I thought I'd share.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am
   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2